You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Chi-Ieng Chow

Horrible with poor bedside manners; you're better off finding someone who will not belittle or talk to you in a condescending manner. Not sure how she is still in practice, Winnipeg must be incredibly short on doctors to have to hold on to this one. http://caselaw.canada.globe24h.com/0/0/manitoba/court-of-queen-s-bench-of-manitoba/2007/12/20/preston-et-al-v-chow-et-al-2007-mbqb-318.shtml

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Let me start with her secretary, Frances. She's worse than the doctor herself and as if she ru s the place. She is not very accomodating. Also, a grumpy filipina receptionist. About Dr. chow. Shes a very straight forward mean doctor. She's rushing everytime and there is no quality service from her. I want to file a report regarding their conduct towards patients. They are not treating nor attemding to our needs. Instead, you will hear some sarcastic words from both of them. I hope that the college of physician or any goverment sector reads our review and take action.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

If I could rate her a zero I would. I moved here from out of town and my son and I happened to see her because she has been my husbands long time family doctor. She has a terrible attitude, Dr. Chow belittles you and makes you feel like your worthless. I took my son there to get checked up because he was constantly getting a cough and fever, she said it was nothing, we ended up rushing our 19 month old son to the ER a week later and turns out he had pneumonia!! Then last week I went to tell her I was expecting and she basically got mad at me and asked me if I was going back to my home town to have my baby. She looked dreaded to help me. She booked me a physical a week later and my appt was at 11 and she wasnt in till 12. I had to work at 12:30 so I ended up leaving. How do get proper care as a pregnant woman? When I had my first son, my doctors back home were amazing! Took such great care of me! Dr Chow is so mean!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I called to ask if they were accepting new patients, then she said "NO WE ARE NOT" with a very angry mean tones, so then I ask if she knew any other Chinese doctors are accepting new patients, then she said "NO I DONY KNOW BYE!" With a even angrier tones and hang up on me. Story of my day.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

I went in to see her about my dry lips and how they were hurting me. Her recommendation was to go to the store and buy lip stick to put on them. I was fustrated with her recommendation and lack of punctuality. She is also my parents doctor. Doctor patient confidentiality was breached as she told my parents about the visit. I am contemplating on reporting her to the ethics board. I would not recommend her to any one!!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

i have been a patient of this doc since i was just a little kid, and she was my moms doc as well. she has to many patients and not enough time to care for them. every time i had to see her i dreaded making an apt because i knew i would be waiting in her office for more then an hour. and after waiting all that time to see her i would get maybe 1-3 min of her time and i was usually not feeling satisfied and feeling more confused. i find her very stupid and uncaring. she delivered one of my kids and she was my doc for one more pregnancy which she didn't make it to the hospital to deliver. and her response when she got there was " o well i still get paid for it" then she starts to make a call on her cell phone in the delivery room. also she was caring for a friend of mine who went to see her with a concern of a lump on her breast, and dr says its nothing to worry about, but it turns out it was cancer

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

Dr. Chow is a good Doctor and a straight shooter. Her secretary "Francis" is incompetent and thoroughly unlikeable. Dear Francis; you are NOTHING, and you are ugly on the inside and the outside. One day, Dr. Chow will realize she needs to fire the thing that sits behind the desk. She should be escorted out. The day cannot come too soon.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

I honestly feel the comments on this site are very misleading to the service provided by this doctor. She is a really nice, caring woman who takes the time to help you out. Also, i think way too many people are looking past how wonderful it is that this Dr. will fit you in for an appointment within an hour if needed! That is extremely rare and for someone like me who has frequent UTI's, it's a god sent to be able to get a perscription within hours of my symptoms appearing. Lot's of comments complain about her bedside manner but let's get real, she's a doctor not a counsellor;If your overweight, like me,face it. It's not her job to sugar coat things and perscribe you weight loss pills when the honest truth is exactly the advice she'll give: stop eating so much! Ovderall, she's accomodating, funny, and knowledgable. But, if you want to have a pitty party and play the victim for illnesses that you've blown out of proportion, this is not the doctor for you!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

First, let me start with her secretary. This lady is the rudest person I have probably met in my life. She favors people of her ethnicity (Filipino) and looks down on people of other colours. While sitting in the waiting room, she would often speak really loudly and in a friendly way to the Filipino patients but would speak rudely and would give minimal attention to other patients. On the phone, she is rude too and would hang up without saying bye or anything. She should be fired. As for Dr. Chow, just because she has been my family physician for the longest time, she thinks that she can treat me casually and without manners. She should go back to school to learn proper clinical skills and basic manners. Although she may be knowledgeable, she is not helpful at all since she always tries to rush patients out the door. Rude and should get her license removed.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

Last time i visited her because of the seasonal flu with fever. She told me that i don't need to see doctor if "just a flu" and i think what she wanted to say is " you are wasting my time" and rushed me out. Dr. Chow is honest but rude sometimes. I believe she is knowledgable enough to be a doctor. But she just needs a little professional manner training. Especially that receptionist, she is horrible and unfriendly to those who are not Filipino.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2010

Dr. Chi-Ieng Chow's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Horrible with poor bedside manners; you're better off finding someone who will not belittle or talk to you in a condescending manner. Not sure how she is still ..."

January 15, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Let me start with her secretary, Frances. She's worse than the doctor herself and as if she ru s the place. She is not very accomodating. Also, a grumpy filipin..."

June 12, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "R2C0" to "R3A 1G4". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 110 Isabel St". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12049424559".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "If I could rate her a zero I would. I moved here from out of town and my son and I happened to see her because she has been my husbands long time family doctor..."

May 13, 2015