Ratings for Dr. Chi-Ieng Chow

Ive been going to this doctor since 2011 id say she is the best and knowledgable but very straight forward and offensive. I wanted to have my blood sugar checked because diabetes run in my family but she declined telling me im too young to have it and i am 24. Her receptionist by far most RUDEST person i have ever met. Everytime i call and book appointments her tone of voice is very offensive and plain rude very unapproachable. VERY OFFENSIVE seems like she is declining you as a patient. I was planningon rebooking my appointment because of you know busy schedule i was telling her when i can come in and she said it was fully booked in a rude tone of voice and this is urgent appointments. She wasn't accomodaying me as i told her when i can only come in a clear specific days. I have told i will just call and she hanged up the phone and said BYE in the rudest way. After 5years of always having hard time with the doctor and feeling stressful with especially the receptionist i call it quit. I am for sure going to be looking for another one. I dont know how she can work in a medical office where people have different illnesses and emotional stability that her rudeness is also contributing to their daily stressful situation. DR. CHOW IS BY FAR THE BEST but HER RECEPTIONIST 'FRAN' HAVE NO MANNERS AND INTRAPERSONAL SKILLS AT ALL!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Very rude receptionist as well as MD. Compatible rude duo. Shut this clinic down !

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

Horrible doctor. Very unhelpful! Unprofessional as well. Im thinking of looking for another doctor. I'll score her 0.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Horrible with poor bedside manners; you're better off finding someone who will not belittle or talk to you in a condescending manner. Not sure how she is still in practice, Winnipeg must be incredibly short on doctors to have to hold on to this one. http://caselaw.canada.globe24h.com/0/0/manitoba/court-of-queen-s-bench-of-manitoba/2007/12/20/preston-et-al-v-chow-et-al-2007-mbqb-318.shtml

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Let me start with her secretary, Frances. She's worse than the doctor herself and as if she ru s the place. She is not very accomodating. Also, a grumpy filipina receptionist. About Dr. chow. Shes a very straight forward mean doctor. She's rushing everytime and there is no quality service from her. I want to file a report regarding their conduct towards patients. They are not treating nor attemding to our needs. Instead, you will hear some sarcastic words from both of them. I hope that the college of physician or any goverment sector reads our review and take action.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

If I could rate her a zero I would. I moved here from out of town and my son and I happened to see her because she has been my husbands long time family doctor. She has a terrible attitude, Dr. Chow belittles you and makes you feel like your worthless. I took my son there to get checked up because he was constantly getting a cough and fever, she said it was nothing, we ended up rushing our 19 month old son to the ER a week later and turns out he had pneumonia!! Then last week I went to tell her I was expecting and she basically got mad at me and asked me if I was going back to my home town to have my baby. She looked dreaded to help me. She booked me a physical a week later and my appt was at 11 and she wasnt in till 12. I had to work at 12:30 so I ended up leaving. How do get proper care as a pregnant woman? When I had my first son, my doctors back home were amazing! Took such great care of me! Dr Chow is so mean!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I called to ask if they were accepting new patients, then she said "NO WE ARE NOT" with a very angry mean tones, so then I ask if she knew any other Chinese doctors are accepting new patients, then she said "NO I DONY KNOW BYE!" With a even angrier tones and hang up on me. Story of my day.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

I went in to see her about my dry lips and how they were hurting me. Her recommendation was to go to the store and buy lip stick to put on them. I was fustrated with her recommendation and lack of punctuality. She is also my parents doctor. Doctor patient confidentiality was breached as she told my parents about the visit. I am contemplating on reporting her to the ethics board. I would not recommend her to any one!!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

i have been a patient of this doc since i was just a little kid, and she was my moms doc as well. she has to many patients and not enough time to care for them. every time i had to see her i dreaded making an apt because i knew i would be waiting in her office for more then an hour. and after waiting all that time to see her i would get maybe 1-3 min of her time and i was usually not feeling satisfied and feeling more confused. i find her very stupid and uncaring. she delivered one of my kids and she was my doc for one more pregnancy which she didn't make it to the hospital to deliver. and her response when she got there was " o well i still get paid for it" then she starts to make a call on her cell phone in the delivery room. also she was caring for a friend of mine who went to see her with a concern of a lump on her breast, and dr says its nothing to worry about, but it turns out it was cancer

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

Dr. Chow is a good Doctor and a straight shooter. Her secretary "Francis" is incompetent and thoroughly unlikeable. Dear Francis; you are NOTHING, and you are ugly on the inside and the outside. One day, Dr. Chow will realize she needs to fire the thing that sits behind the desk. She should be escorted out. The day cannot come too soon.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011