Ratings for Dr. Chi-Ieng Chow

Never on time. Expect at least an hour or 2 wait. You're better off going to a walk-in clinic. I've been going to her for years and Dr. Chow is rude. She has become worse over time and really should retire. She is very unprofessional and does not know how to talk to people. Her remarks are insulting and uncalled for and she has no regard to people's feelings at all. She should be investigated and disciplined for her in competency and have her licence revoked because I ended up going to another doctor who is more qualified and treated me not only for my complaint but as well treated me with respect and dignity. It's no wonder Francis (secretary) can be rude sometimes. Her boss is a B. She really should not be a doctor and I suspect she hates her job but her love of money is too great. Her clinic really should have been shut down a long time ago. I cannot stress how terrible this doctor is. She really gives the profession a bad name. 0 all round or even minus rating.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

The front desk lady named Francis is never friendly. If I can rate her, I will do 0. She is very rude never polite at all.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Omg I love dr chow,yes she is straight forward,but very professional,and as far as Francis ,that is just her personality.She seems as a rude person,but she really isn't,that's just her.So please people if you don't know them stop judging

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

Ive been going to this doctor since 2011 id say she is the best and knowledgable but very straight forward and offensive. I wanted to have my blood sugar checked because diabetes run in my family but she declined telling me im too young to have it and i am 24. Her receptionist by far most RUDEST person i have ever met. Everytime i call and book appointments her tone of voice is very offensive and plain rude very unapproachable. VERY OFFENSIVE seems like she is declining you as a patient. I was planningon rebooking my appointment because of you know busy schedule i was telling her when i can come in and she said it was fully booked in a rude tone of voice and this is urgent appointments. She wasn't accomodaying me as i told her when i can only come in a clear specific days. I have told i will just call and she hanged up the phone and said BYE in the rudest way. After 5years of always having hard time with the doctor and feeling stressful with especially the receptionist i call it quit. I am for sure going to be looking for another one. I dont know how she can work in a medical office where people have different illnesses and emotional stability that her rudeness is also contributing to their daily stressful situation. DR. CHOW IS BY FAR THE BEST but HER RECEPTIONIST 'FRAN' HAVE NO MANNERS AND INTRAPERSONAL SKILLS AT ALL!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Very rude receptionist as well as MD. Compatible rude duo. Shut this clinic down !

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

Horrible doctor. Very unhelpful! Unprofessional as well. Im thinking of looking for another doctor. I'll score her 0.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Horrible with poor bedside manners; you're better off finding someone who will not belittle or talk to you in a condescending manner. Not sure how she is still in practice, Winnipeg must be incredibly short on doctors to have to hold on to this one. http://caselaw.canada.globe24h.com/0/0/manitoba/court-of-queen-s-bench-of-manitoba/2007/12/20/preston-et-al-v-chow-et-al-2007-mbqb-318.shtml

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

Let me start with her secretary, Frances. She's worse than the doctor herself and as if she ru s the place. She is not very accomodating. Also, a grumpy filipina receptionist. About Dr. chow. Shes a very straight forward mean doctor. She's rushing everytime and there is no quality service from her. I want to file a report regarding their conduct towards patients. They are not treating nor attemding to our needs. Instead, you will hear some sarcastic words from both of them. I hope that the college of physician or any goverment sector reads our review and take action.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

If I could rate her a zero I would. I moved here from out of town and my son and I happened to see her because she has been my husbands long time family doctor. She has a terrible attitude, Dr. Chow belittles you and makes you feel like your worthless. I took my son there to get checked up because he was constantly getting a cough and fever, she said it was nothing, we ended up rushing our 19 month old son to the ER a week later and turns out he had pneumonia!! Then last week I went to tell her I was expecting and she basically got mad at me and asked me if I was going back to my home town to have my baby. She looked dreaded to help me. She booked me a physical a week later and my appt was at 11 and she wasnt in till 12. I had to work at 12:30 so I ended up leaving. How do get proper care as a pregnant woman? When I had my first son, my doctors back home were amazing! Took such great care of me! Dr Chow is so mean!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I called to ask if they were accepting new patients, then she said "NO WE ARE NOT" with a very angry mean tones, so then I ask if she knew any other Chinese doctors are accepting new patients, then she said "NO I DONY KNOW BYE!" With a even angrier tones and hang up on me. Story of my day.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014