Ratings for Dr. Eng Chan

Great doctor takes time to listen and doesn't just prescribe meds to send you away.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Love the Doc shes been my doc for 15 years lover her to death. She will tell it like it is :)

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

been her patient for over 20 years. she really cares about her patients. would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Not the best dr. I've had, but not the worst either. She doesn't always knows whats wrong with you even after looking at your problem, and you actually have to ask for test which she should know weather you should have them or not.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

I have a massive medical history for my age. And I would come see her often, she is terrible. Absolutely terrible. I was having heart problems and she refused to test my cholesterol levels because of my age (I'm 22). I had them tested elsewhere and was immediately told to stop eating meat and other fats because my cholesterol was sky high. Whenever I would ask a question, or was VERY concerned about something she would say "Ohhh I don't know whats wrong with you, its all in your head". Well its not. I've now been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and fibromyalgia. She is inconsistant with her opinion on certain meds, she treats my mother who is also her patient like absolute Cr*P. She misdiagnosed my friends mothers cancer, and she ended up passing after 4 months. PLUS she;s told us that she is going into holistic healing now. Good riddance. On a plus.. The pharmacist is WONDERFUL. I recommend him. Not her.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Chan for about 12 years now and she always remembers details of my life even though I don't go more than twice a year. The best thing about Eng-Lyn is that she tries a more natural approach to my problems before prescribing medication. For example, she suggested probiotics, vitamin B, and vitamin D for one of my issues. She was specific about the brand to use and even where to purchase it. I usually don't have to wait very long if I'm filling a prescription. She has no problem referring me onto specialists, but I usually have to ask. I also tend to have to ask for blood tests and for her to check my blood pressure, but again she has no qualms with this. I usually prompt her to go over my blood tests on my next visit. My only complaint is that she sometimes doesn't diagnose me by physically touching me in instances where I feel she should. Otherwise, she relies on results of tests to diagnose. Dr. Chan is amazing!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Whenever I see her, I feel like I come in with my own diagnosis, she looks at me for five seconds, assumes I'm correct in my diagnosis and then prescribes me heavy duty steroids. I had a mild scalp condition and she prescribed me steroids she told me she had never prescribed before and didnt know much about, and I once had a mild allergic rash, which she also prescribed steroids for. My pharmacist seems a lot more knowledgable on proper medications to use.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

The waiting time is horrible... sometimes you have to wait as long as an hour past your apt time just to get in to see her. Then the only wait you can get anything from her, is if you know what you're there for. (i.e., I gained about 60 lbs in the period of one year! A little excessive I think, and the first thing she says to me when she walks in is 'Oh you got fat!'. Gee thanks, not like I don't know that already! I tell her that I wonder if I have a tyroid issue (hence the major weight gain) and she sends me for blood tests, which might I add, come back on the lower side of normal. That's it! Nothing further! Still don't know what's wrong with me. Tells me I can't eat pasta, rice, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, bread, but doesn't tell me what's wrong. Thanks to google I realised it's celiac disease!

flag | Submitted January 6, 2010

Not at all thorough. When getting my yearly physical, sometimes she only does 1 or 2 things, sometimes more. Very inconsistent and not thorough. She asks ME if I want blood tests. You're the doctor - you tell ME! I have to ask her to take my blood pressure, as it's quite high. She rarely does it unless I ask. I would like to go to another doctor but very few are accepting new patients.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Everytime i had a question for Chan it was the same answer "I don't know" and they weren't very difficult. Terrible experience with her everytime and i saw her for several years. The staff is very rude. I no longer go to see her. I realise now what a real doctor is suppose to do. I also have a strong feeling that i could have been diagnosed with what i have a lot sooner if i had been seeing someone else.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009