Ratings for Dr. Jorge A. Garcia

He was completely dismissive of my long-established degenerative osteoarthritis (first detected via MRI after a 1991 car accident). He said he "didn't believe in surgery"and his view is "use it or lose it." I went back to my original primary who ultimately referred me for the long overdue cervical MRI. The Stanford and Harvard-educated orthopedic surgeon to whom she referred me reviewed the scan, said he could see why I was in so much pain, and said I could probably wait a year to a year and a half to have a fusion "without risking paralysis." I opted to have the surgery immediately. He did a multilevel cervical fusion (C4 to C7) in Oct. of 2016 and said it could take a year or more for the nerve damage to heal. He said he 'took out a lot of bone spurs.' I saw Dr. Dismissive in 2014, in hopes he would refer me for an MRI. At the third encounter, it became clear to me that he was interfering with my care . I stopped seeing him, resumed with my original primary, and sought out appropriate specialists, such as my current board certified rheumatologist, and my wonderful surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Dr. Garcia may be a professor at UC Davis, but he was no help at all as a clinician. Everytime I would explain my symptoms he would find ways to downplay the severity. I saw him 3 times over the period of 3 months and he did absolutely nothing, no tests, no treatment, nothing. I later found out that I had severe nerve damage and a plethora of infections. Look elsewhere if dealing with serious conditions.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Dr. Jorge A. Garcia's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)