Ratings for Dr. Margaret Adamson

I have been go ing to see her for the last 15 years... was skeptical at first because of her frankness but I got use to it and was glad that she was straightforward and honest.. She calls it as it is and I like the idea that she doesn't give me prescriptions unless I really need them.. she shares her personnel health issues with me if she had similar operations and I can ask her anything and she is honest with me... love her dog stories .. the staff is excellent ... Judith is great and if I need to see her asap they will make time for me ...hope she doesn't retire too soon...

flag | Submitted April 14, 2018

She has been my doctor for 32 years. She gives it to you straight. I love that. I rather here a harsh truth than sugar coated things any day. She's now my three children's doctor and I like that she's not quick to give medication. My children are six, four & two and have never been given antibiotics. She's a great doctor and I don't know what we will do when she retires.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Like many of the previous comments, Dr. Adamson has been my primary doctor for the last 30 years. She really knows her stuff, and she is down to earth and sensible. However, I can understand how some people think she doesn't have great bedside manner - she doesn't sugar coat her advice, and she's quite frank. She's a "no-nonsense" kind of person. She looks at the bigger picture, and as others have mentioned - she is not necessarily quick to pull out the prescription pad. For me, she has both offered advice of time&tlc to an injury, but when she deemed I had a serious concern - she has sent me for tests, scans and specialist referrals. She's also great about offering alternatives (if there are any) and advice where to find further info about your condition - so you can further help yourself. Not only have I received excellent care, but I've recently been able to get an appointment at really short notice. I really, really hope she never retires!

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr Adamson has been our family doctor for close to 30 years. She has always taken excellent care of our whole family. She doesn't rush you, listens to your concerns, and gives excellent advise. When a specialist is needed, the staff jumps on it right away.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Is Dr Adamson writing her own reviews? Other than the fact it is easy to get an appointment, not sure why anyone would see this doctor. She's been practicing for 30 plus years I think and she still doesn't have a full practice. That is all that needs to be said. Terrible bedside manor, very reluctant to refer to a specialist .

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

very caring and knowledgeable. Isn't careless when it comes to writing prescriptions. Orders appropriate blood work etc. to get to the problem first. The staff is excellent.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

I went to see Dr. A with a throbbing hand and arm and said I was presenting as heart problems but she knew I didn't have any heart problems but I had a heart attack 3 days later after assuring me I didn't have any heart problems.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I moved to the area mid 2009 and needed to find a family Dr. The staff here took me in with a warm welcome, being a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis I've been followed by many Dr's and I must say the knowledge and patient care I recieve here is always above my expectations. I know I'm in good hands. Even for a quick walk in appointment they always do their best to fit me in. Dr. Adamson never runs behind like other clinics. I never was turned down for an appointment. And I'm always asked and reminded about my medication and even vitamins that are good for me. Other Dr's tend to push a quick solution/medication, but Dr. M Adamson takes the time to ask questions and may find a better healthier alternative. I like that she takes her job seriously and knows her stuff! The clinic is clean, bright, staff is friendly and I can't ask for a better family Dr.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2014

Dr. A is very much like a personal trainer in that the experience depends greatly on the person being trained (treated). If you are a good patient (aren't opinionated on what you assume is wrong or what drugs you need to magically fix it and listen to her advice) you will get great results. If your problem is caused because you are overweight or you smoke...well, what do you expect her to say but STOP DOING IT. If you want idle chitchat, go get your hair done. But as a patient who has been with Dr. A for years, she keeps up to date with me and my family and often discusses her own experiences with her children to relate to mine. If you want an extremely effective medial practitioner, DR. A is for you. A doctor is more than happy to bill OHIP for repeat complainers, but the good ones like Dr. A prefer not to waste their time with these people. To the people posting negatively, you more than likely arent telling the full story or you are a poor patient.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Adamson for the past 10 years and have no complaints. She is now my daughter's doctor as well. Most importantly, she will take me or my daughter on short notice due to illness or a minor emergency, so important with toddlers, and we don't have to endure the pain of sitting in a walk-in clinic for hours on end. Love her and her staff.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011