Ratings for Dr. Don Wagar

Doctor Wagar was my family doctor since I was born in 1963, he would make a house call when I called him about a medical issue. I was sad to hear he had retired. Since he was my late dads doctor, I would had loved if he could had made a house call to check my dad out, made sure my dad was ok health wise.... Have a Happy Retirement from one member of the Wolf Family

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Don Wagar ruined my life. If I had been in a healthy state of mind I would have sued him. Unfortunately I had a breakdown and 30 years later I can finally face what happened. Dr Wagar delivered my son 36 years ago. I DID NOT want my husband in the delivery room. He didn't want a child. Unknown to me, Wagar phoned my husband telling him to get to the hospital immediately. Watching me deliver a baby brought out my husband's true colours. From that day on he would not have sex with me, his wife, because all he could think about was how disgusting I looked while delivering a baby. Wagar thought he knew best. For the next five years my marriage disintegrated into divorce. I was about to become a single mother when I got pregnant by my boyfriend. My boyfriend wanted nothing to do with a baby so I had to make a choice between abortion or struggling as a single mother of two children. After excruiating thought I decided on abortion. I asked Don Wagar to arrange an abortion. He became nasty and judgmental, asking me if I had any knowledge of how to prevent a pregnancy. He did set up an appointment with a doctor in Vancouver. The two of them got together and told me I could have the abortion but only if I got my tubes tied. Another agonizing decision to make. In the end I agreed to sterilization in return for an abortion. That decision resulted in me never having more children or my son ever having a sibling. The decisions I made were under extreme pressure from two judgemental DOCTORS. I will never forgive them or myself. I've lived in hell for 30 years, but I doubt very much if Don Wagar gave this another thought. I hate him.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Wagar wasted too much time socializing about his golf game or the Vancouver Canucks, which pre=occupied his mind to make horrible mistakes. He ruined my life, which was very promising, too many cheerleaders on this site just because Don Wagar had a way of making everybody feel special. But he made many mistakes and lucky we are not set up like in the USA or the malpractice suits would of overwhelmed him!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Dr. Wagar is the best doctor anyone could have. I had him for over 30 years and he helped me through some very difficult times. I would not be here today if it wasn't for him. I am health and very active today thanks to the kindness and support I received from Dr. Wagar. As I am no longer living in Burnaby and had to change Doctors, I did not know he retired. I am so sorry to hear that . Dr. Wagar was one of the best and I wish him well.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I was hesitant to not give him a 5 for punctuality, because one of the reasons why I appreciate him so much is that he takes the time with his patients!! I have visited many different doctors and he is without a doubt the best of the best. His is funny, makes me feel comfortable, explains what is going on in a way that I can easily understand, and is very professional and knowledgable. I wish he didn't retire, though we still get to see him in the clinic every now and then.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

He has a good personality and my concern is that these ratings can be based on that. Glad I left him. My new Dr. quickly found a tumour which DR. Wagar had ample time to have diagnosed or send me to a specialist. I've had my surgery and am in better hands now. He's been good in years gone by but perhaps retirement is best.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2011

My husband and I went to Dr. Wagar from 1978 until he retired in 2010. He was recommended to me by the nurses at Burnaby General at the best doctor there. He delivered our 2 children and was their doctor too. When we moved, we kept him and travelled a long way so that we could continue to have him as our family physician. He always provided top notch care and always remembered our histories and treated us as he would his own family. We miss having him to rely on since he retired. If you are reading this, Dr.Wagar...have a wonderful retirement...you certainly deserve it:) Thank you for 32 years of first quality medical care for our family. We already miss you.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

DR WAGAR IS BY FAR THE BEST DR. I HAVE KNOWN AND WILL PROBABLY EVER KNOW. HAPPY RETIREMENT DR.WAGAR YOU DESERVE A BREAK.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Stellar. Absolutely everything you want in a GP...patient, friendly, knowlegeable, caring etc etc etc. EXACTLY what a perfect doctor acts like...that simple.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2010

Way to go Doc. Our family appreciates that he is not pushing drugs and explains options well.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2010