Ratings for Dr. Joe Chin

Dr. Chin has been my family doctor my whole life. In general he's been adequate but I agree with many things said about him here: rushed, often late, somewhat dismissive of personal histories that might affect diagnosis, lacking certain knowledge. Some years ago he couldn't properly diagnose a kidney problem I had, which turned out to be from too much manganese and phosphorus in my diet (he never asked questions about diet, but few GPs do). with the delivery of my first child he was stellar and couldn't ask for better--this compared to the doctor who delivered our second child (who graduated from HCHS a year before me and came highly recommended but was horrible). I get the feeling Dr. Chin should gracefully retire rather than have to deal with people anymore. But he's always been very nice to me.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Chin is not the most sympathetic, but he is willing to go beyond himself to get the assistance required as needed from other dr.'s. He is well educated, & muchly appreciated.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

I was unable to see my Dr. but could get in to see Dr.Chin. He certainly wasn't warm. I felt he was dismissive and apathetic. I would go to a walk in clinic before I would see him again.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Incredible service. Caring and knowledgeable. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

The Worst Doctor I have been to. He is not my regular Dr. but needed to go get a cough medication for my cold. This Dr. did not listen to my concerns, was in a rush, and did not read my file before I talked to him. Very poor customer service and very poor Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I have seen Dr. Chin for 38 years now and find him to be very upfront and know legal. Though there are times he seems rushed and not always quick to do testing, x-rays or speak about specialists or 2nd opinions.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

He is just awful. I have gone to see him many times, hoping that he would help me. I will never see him again. There were times he should have used gloves during certain exams and didn't. He was very rude and ignores you if he believes the appointment is over. He never delves into anything seriously. Everything has a simplistic answer that inevitably gets worse. In his opinion it is never anything serious...like the time I dislocated my hand, tore my muscle, had pneumonia, coughed up tons of blood, etc.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

my mother has advanced Dementia, Dr Chin called me at home and asked me if I agreed that she had a poor quality of life- what kind of question is that? i asked him how we could improve that, he said we couldnt, she was aggressive with hospital staff while in hospital , so she has a poor quality of life becauase she wont let staff bathe her. he seen my mother once, and called me at home to tell me how bad she was and tried to explain dementia , really , like i dont understand dementia- I have been living with it for 8 years. please Dr Chin tell me everything you know about my mother in the 10 minutes you spent reading information on her. situational information based on hospital documentation( which is the wrong enviroment for a dementia patient to be in).

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

Dr. Chin has become my family doctor after I came to Canada in 2011. I went to see him because my husband has been his patient since childhood. It's hard to find a family physician in Saskatoon so I was glad he took me in. I'm a healthy woman so the only time I needed his help was during my pregnancy and delivery. He was excellent in delivering my first baby and guided me so well that I was done in just 7 hours with no medications. He was wise, considerate and listened to me when other docs suggested inducing me (I was 3.5 weeks overdue and according to general guidelines I must have been induced after week 42). I trusted my body and him and had a perfect child - healthy, alert and had no complications whatsoever. Simple tests that he suggested after official due date proved that baby & I were healthy & we could wait for natural birth. younger doctors felt that he did wrong in allowing me go continue with pregnancy but I was feeling great & sensed that baby was just not ready to come

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

He was unbelievably rude to my mother suggesting she was imagining her problems although Dr Holmes found and treated these same 'pretend' ailments. I was dumbfounded by his arrogance and dismissive attitude. He must be an embarassment to the competent doctors in his practice .

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012