Ratings for Dr. Evelyn Camacho-Patterson

I was a patient of Dr. Camacho's for 8 years, I always had to wait a minimum of 2 hours even with an appointment. I was never really happy with the service but there were no other Endocrinologists in the area. Recently, I have been experiencing symptoms of hypothyroidism and called to seek her consultation. There was no answer so I left a voice mail, which was returned with several rude, unprofessional text messages only saying that the office was closed and they were no longer seeing patients and that any correspondence they were giving me was as a courtesy. There were several text messages back and forth, yet they would not identify themselves or confirm whether or not Dr. Camacho was still in practice. 10 hours later Dr. Camacho finally contacted me but at this point I was beyond livid and appalled with the way I was being treated. I requested copies of my records so that I could retain another Endocrinologist but her only concern was money, she asked me several times how I intended to pay for my medical records even though she couldn't even give me a total for the charges or even say when she would be able to send me the records. Very Disappointed.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

Had a appointment, was left sitting for over a hour waiting. I had to make a new appointment, which in turn I had to cancel. I called to make a new appointment and was told I could not see the Doctor unless I paid a $150.00 no show fee! I have yet to see this Doctor for treatment and she already is ripping me off! I am reporting to the Medical board!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

This office staff and doctor have got to be the worst. The staff does not pick up any phone calls. I tested it by calling the office while I was there. The doctor refused to see me because I did not have a check or cash for my co-pay. Mind you it was only $10.00. I have private top of the line paying insurance and I know this for a fact because I work in a doctors office. I offered to pay by card but she refused to take it. I asked to be billed and they stated that they couldn't trust me therefore they could not bill me. I asked to make an exception because I have thyroid issues and had my baby with me the doctor came out and refused. Her response was to me was to bad. She even refused to give me copies of my blood work when the receptionist had just told me she charged $1 per copy. It is sad that these kind of doctors are still serving our community.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

Secretary is partially hostile.In terms of asking for appointments, she tends to her take time and rarely listens. if your appointment is at 9am then it's about 12pm. Dr Camacho has some knowledge and probably lenient if you're not content with the medicine given due to the side-effects, she seems to be in a hurry and often tries to hurry. She does answer some questions accordingly but Im guessing the performance varies

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

She was the only doctor of many who diagnoised my no-iron level which almost killed me.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2008

I started going to her for high calcium and low vitamin D. All she did for 2 years was send me to do a bunch of tests, and never gave no medicine until I ask her if since my vit D was low if I should start to take some. Horroble, nasty, cuts you off when I wanted to ask some questions and look at you like your wasting her time.. I would never recommend this doctor to anybody. Due to her lock of knowledge I ended up in the hospital with kidney stones!!!!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2008