Ratings for Dr. Kenneth B. Whitworth

Dr. Whitworth in conjunction with his staff are AS GOOD AS IT GETS!! Hands down the best care you can get in oral surgery. I had extreme anxiety about having 2 teeth extracted and without the kindness and tenderness that he and his staff showed I never could brought myself to show up for my appointment... From the pre-op appt, to the scheduling, to the billing support, to the actual extraction appointment and being put to sleep, and the even the same day follow up call by the doctor himself.. This office handles procedures with the utmost precision in a surgical environment. I could go on and on... They are simply the best in the business!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILDREN TO SEE THIS DR!!!!! He and his staff made us all feel so comfortable and in good hands that we didn't even know we had been ignored and lied to until it was all done! My son's mom and I both explained that our son has issues with the nitrous mask, which is why we were at the oral surgeon instead of just the dentist in the first place. We explained that he's actually better with needles and we had coached our son on what would happen. We also explained that we wanted to help get him through the needle part so he wouldn't be scared and we could help him get more comfortable with doctors. They told us (parents) to sit in a room for a minute while they went to show our son all the equipment. THEY DID THE WHOLE PROCEDURE WITHOUT TELLING US THEY HAD STARTED. We asked if he had issues with getting the needle and we were told that it was only minor and they gave him the gas in order to help. We further asked if they had issue giving him the gas and THE DR. SAID HE CRIED ONLY A LITTLE. He also said IT'S SOMETIMES BETTER WHEN THEY CRY SO THEY INHALE MORE OF THE GAS!!! After getting our son out of that place, he started explaining what had happened. Between bouts of crying and exclaiming how scary it was, he told us that the Dr. forced the nitrous on him. He further said HE WAS CRYING AS LOUD AS HE COULD SO WE WOULD HEAR HIM AND COME IN THE ROOM TO SAVE HIM, but we were unable to hear him from the room they put us in. And, that the Dr. SHOVED THE MASK ON HIS FACE SO HARD IT HURT HIM!!!! Not only do I want to kick that guy's ass for doing that to my son, but his mom and I are now in negative territory with getting him comfortable with going to the doctor!! And our own son trusts us that much less!!!! A COMPLETELY HORRIBLE AND TRAUMATIC EXPERIENCE!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Bad follow up with dentist and lack of disclosure upfront about X-rays and about full amount due at time of surgery. Also the surgery failed on one tooth.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2014

Wonderful experience! The staff was friendly. The doctor was pleasant and professional. Our children did amazingly well after having their wisdom teeth removed.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2013

Two of my children had their wisdom teeth removed here. One of them was extremely nervous, as she is with anything involving blood pressure cuffs and needles. Dr. Whitworth dealt with her beautifully. Both of my kids healed with absolutely no problem. I was also happy with the pre-surgery consultations. Dr. Whitworth was very informative and approachable, and addressed a couple concerns I had after previous experience with a different oral surgeon. The staff was great with the follow-up support and instructions. With one of my kids, it took a very long time to get the insurance payments complete. I don't know exactly why that was, but as the calendar year was coming to a close, I did make a few extra phone calls so that we would be able to get it all settled in time to use our healthcare reimbursement funds for our portion. I intend to take my other kids to him if/when they need their wisdom teeth removed (their dad had room for all of his!!)

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

I waited about an hour after my appt. to see the doc. then he explained the procedure and sent it the "financial expert" to explain the costs. She promised me she will call me within 2 days to give me a more accurate estimate after she spoke with he insurance and it's been 2.5 months and haven't heard from her. Then I called to ask for a copy of my x-rays and they told me I had to pay $195 for a copy. I just found out that my insurance paid them $266 for them and will call them back to get a copy for free this time! I contacted the doc. via email 3 weeks after my visit to let him know that I've been waiting for them to contact me so that I can schedule my asurgery, but no luck. I thought If I let him know of the problem he would fix it, but no luck, so i will look for another doc. and will NOT give them my business ($10K)worth of services!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

Good oral surgeon, rude office staff member.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2007

The Dr was very nice, seemed knowlegeable, however he did not mention possible benefit of calcium grafts, which another surgeon (recommended to me by 3 dentists)did. I definitely have a problem with the office staff. They performed X-rays on me, without telling me a copy of them to take to the next oral surgeon consultation would cost 90.00. I had to choose between unneccesary,extraneous X-rays or paying an extra $90.00. The girls there, Cindy and Sunny, were pleasant at first, then extremely rude, accusing me of "trying to rip off the company" when I only said kindly that they should advise people of the charge before performing X-rays so they don't get stuck like I did. A friend of mine had extractions and grafts from Dr Whitworth and as far as I know, she is satisfied, although she said she also wasn't advised of the possible charge before the X-rays were taken.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2006

Dr. Kenneth B. Whitworth's Credentials

• Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 02115 (Grad. 1998)

AARP