Ratings for Dr. Rick Gore-Hickman

I would like to say “Thank you for listening, caring and working with me to treat my ears”. I have travelled the world and have been treated by many doctors for ringing in the ears and Meniere’s disease. Many doctors including some in Saskatoon, simply did not care and treated me like I should just put up with it. You on the other hand cared and prescribed a course of treatment. I consider one of the best ENT that I have ever visited. The way you professionally and courteously treated me made me feel completely at ease knowing that I was in the hands of a true professional. Saskatchewan is truly blessed to have such a competent and highly skilled ENT.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

did not have a good experience. Now seeing a new ent to monitor his sloppy work

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

Also Known As - the Ear Nose Throat Butcher of Saskatoon

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I honestly did not have the best experience with Dr Gore-Hickman. He did my tonsilectomy and it was awful. When i had originally seen him for my consultation he advised i have my tonsils removed, which was fine. He also said his waitlist was 1.5 years, which is garbage. Luckily (and unluckily) i had chronic tonsilitis due to antibiotic allergies and immunities (i was on a different antibiotic every 3 weeks trying to clear up the infection) so i became an emergent case. I had to wait three months instead of 18 months. When he met with me the day of surgery to sign consent forms, he was rude and crass and told me i had to sign additional waivers because i was at a greater risk of hemeraging and advised me to stay in saskatoon for two weeks or until my scabs fell off. He only came to see me once post op for about two minutes and before my guardian was with me after i had just woken up, was confused and in pain. He removed my tonsils while infected and never prescribed an antibiotic post op resulting in a horrible post op infection that left me hospitalized for 12 days. I had enough time for my parents to take me home for a night (with plans to head back to saskatoon the next day) before being rushed to my local emergency room. He never followed up with me after that... And he took my uvula with no mention of it after surgery, and no record in my file.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Just had a tonsillectomy done by Dr. GH on Tuesday and I couldn't be happier. I've been so impressed with this doctor from start to finish, and his support staff has been equally as awesome. You're in good hands with this guy.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Very professional. Makes things easy and understandable.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr. Gore-Hickman is very professional, very kind and gentle. Excellent bedside manner, very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I have had septo-rhinoplasty with Dr. Gore-Hickman, and am now going for tonsil extraction. I am glad to have a gentle, understanding Doctor, who has helped me when all others have left me untreated. I would recommend him to anybody!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Helped me w/ my reflux, by finding throat damage and suggesting a better time to take the meds.Made a big difference to my life,especially my sleep.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

After being given the run around by other drs. Our 2 year old has had over 9 ear infections in the past year. A different dr didn't even really look at her. Dr. Gore Hickman was amazing. Right away put her as urgent for tubes. Looked at her ears and knew right away. He answered all of our questions and took the time so that we understood everything and reassured us she would get better. He truly felt bad for her. What a wonderful dr. I would recommend him for anyone! Very compassionate and understanding and takes his time with his patients.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015