Ratings for Dr. Rick Gore-Hickman

I honestly did not have the best experience with Dr Gore-Hickman. He did my tonsilectomy and it was awful. When i had originally seen him for my consultation he advised i have my tonsils removed, which was fine. He also said his waitlist was 1.5 years, which is garbage. Luckily (and unluckily) i had chronic tonsilitis due to antibiotic allergies and immunities (i was on a different antibiotic every 3 weeks trying to clear up the infection) so i became an emergent case. I had to wait three months instead of 18 months. When he met with me the day of surgery to sign consent forms, he was rude and crass and told me i had to sign additional waivers because i was at a greater risk of hemeraging and advised me to stay in saskatoon for two weeks or until my scabs fell off. He only came to see me once post op for about two minutes and before my guardian was with me after i had just woken up, was confused and in pain. He removed my tonsils while infected and never prescribed an antibiotic post op resulting in a horrible post op infection that left me hospitalized for 12 days. I had enough time for my parents to take me home for a night (with plans to head back to saskatoon the next day) before being rushed to my local emergency room. He never followed up with me after that... And he took my uvula with no mention of it after surgery, and no record in my file.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Just had a tonsillectomy done by Dr. GH on Tuesday and I couldn't be happier. I've been so impressed with this doctor from start to finish, and his support staff has been equally as awesome. You're in good hands with this guy.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Very professional. Makes things easy and understandable.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Dr. Gore-Hickman is very professional, very kind and gentle. Excellent bedside manner, very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I have had septo-rhinoplasty with Dr. Gore-Hickman, and am now going for tonsil extraction. I am glad to have a gentle, understanding Doctor, who has helped me when all others have left me untreated. I would recommend him to anybody!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Helped me w/ my reflux, by finding throat damage and suggesting a better time to take the meds.Made a big difference to my life,especially my sleep.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

After being given the run around by other drs. Our 2 year old has had over 9 ear infections in the past year. A different dr didn't even really look at her. Dr. Gore Hickman was amazing. Right away put her as urgent for tubes. Looked at her ears and knew right away. He answered all of our questions and took the time so that we understood everything and reassured us she would get better. He truly felt bad for her. What a wonderful dr. I would recommend him for anyone! Very compassionate and understanding and takes his time with his patients.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

at first he came across kind of abrasive, and rude when i took my daughter to him after being referred to him by our peds doctor, and his words i quote "taking out daughters tonsil, adenoids at mothers request" "and while were at it might as well put ear tubes in" ok so i was at my breaking point with how sick my daughter was i was just said fine and he told me it could be up to a year wait but he would let me know once he talked with our peds doctor after that he has us in with in 8 weeks of her original appointment and it was the best thing for her and he was great with her and still is 2 years later i would recommend him to anyone....he saved my sanity by getting my daughter better

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Have seen Dr. GH since he come to Saskatoon. Close to 20 years. Excellent doctor. Treats me for ears and nose and now both my sons too. Excellent surgeon, and extremely helpful. His staff on wall street are the best.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

My son had adenoids removed but still couldn't breathe. This doctor saved him an admission by using a special scope in his office to check lower down rather than telling him his adenoids were already out. Turns out Rich had two sets of adenoids - one set very low that another EENT couldn't see. Saved us time & got him healthy.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015