Ratings for Dr. Cameron J. Johnson

He doesn't keep up with the latest practices for medicine dosage, etc. I was put on Xanax for over 4 years. At one point I was on 4mg for short period and on 2mg for the rest if that time. I trusted him and was shocked when I learned that Xanax (a Benzo) is ONLY for acute use, meaning it should not be taken for more than 6-8 weeks tops. I ended up having to go to an in-patient detox for 6 days since this med is so dangerous to come off. Withdrawals after that were horrific. Xanax is considered the hardest of all meds to wean off of. If I'd had any idea how dangerous this med is I never would have taken it. I was told that people can stay on it for years. Wrong!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2014

Dr Cameron Johnson is the WORST, RUDEST psychiatrist I have ever seen. He didn't listen to me at all, kept interrupting me, and was condescending and obnoxious. I will NEVER go back to see him again. He also ended my appointment 30 minutes early (it was supposed to be 45 mins of me being in the room, then 15 mins for paperwork- and my apt only lasted 15 mins). He is a total jackass. I hope he gets brain tumors.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

Dr. Cameron J. Johnson's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)