Ratings for Dr. Edward Poon

While he was employed with the Saskatchewan Workers Compensation Board he participated in committing fraud against me. His jail sentence if far from long enough, perhaps once I go through with suing both the province and workers compensation for charter as well as criminal code violations they will see fit to recharge this doctor with participation as a board employee with committing acts of medical malpractice as well as criminal intent to defraud a disabled worker. Maybe more will come forward and yes I am vindictive I would want him to serve the mandatory maximum a government employee of as they can be referred to agents of her majesty. I would want him to serve the full 14 years which is the maximum conviction for violations of one section of the criminal code when committed by civil servants. I will be seeking this as well as financial restitution for added on pain and suffering he himself caused as well as the wcb caused.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Obviously this man is not stupid he is not going to violate every patient he has. He is smart enough to make certain patients think he's the greatest doctor ever. But it took a lot for these women to come forward and from what I've seen from his actions over the last 30 years he is completely guilty. I knew he was perverted before it even came out by the way he acted and by things women had said about him. As for his wife, if anyone knew how many times the cops were called to their house because he beat her face in, they might see him for what he is. He should be locked up forever. And if anyone is stupid enough to take there children or themselves to him in the future... you would deserve what you get.. because you've been warned. Doctors can be sick predators too. Remember that.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Totally agree with the last post.Almost on a weekly basis I find myself saying how much I miss Dr.Poon. He was truly and extraordinary good doctor. ..I am speaking as middle age woman who saw Dr Poon in my early 20s and on and took both of my daughters to him regularly ...he was kind ..thorough and cared about his patients ..he went over and above to make sure you were healthy or got you the tests ou needed. ..I never once felt uncomfortable or out of line taking myself or my daughters to him ..and if he was to begin practicing again next week..I would not hesitate a second to take myself or daughters there..I really really feel as though our health system has lost a fantastic caring doctor ..and there hasn't been a doctor I have been to since that even compares to this man on any level...

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

I miss Dr.Poon. He was my family doctor since I was quite young, and he was fantastic. He was there for me when I was pregnant at 17 years old and never once did he make me feel uncomfortable. He respected me and my family. He looked after my children and my sisters and not one of us have any complaints. I understand that some people think that he did what he did but I know him outside of his well, what was his job and he is a family man who is focused on making his children happy and his wife smile.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Dr Poon is a BRILLIANT man who saved my life and the lives of many others I personally know. He was always kind to me and my child and extremely knowledgeable. He is a very hard worker. I as well as many others don't believe the girls who made these claims and we have lost quality health care.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2011

I have known Dr Poon since he was a residency. He is extremely knowledgable and intelligent. His background prior to medicine was as a pharmacist so maybe this is why he opts for medications quickly. I have been a patient of his since my early twenties and have always been referred to a female physician for pap smears, breast exams and other female physical ailments. He has never been anything but professional. He made a diagnosis for me that 7 doctors at the Mayo Clinic could not come up with and he is an excellent diagnostician. He is frequently extremely busy because of his popularity and that is perhaps why he seems rushed. I know that does not excuse his rushed attitude, but he wants to see all the patients that are in the waiting room for him. I feel that the allogations against him are the product of misunderstanding and the younger generation misinterpreting his gestures of kindness. Placing hands on shoulders, etc. I would go to him in any emergency and trust him implicitly.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

Poon has always been extremely thorough with me. He takes his time to explain.Although At times he can be moody and some what unfocused on what your telling him.Most of my experience with Poon has been quit positive...although he is very often frequentely very late.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2009

i am quite sure that each one of those women who have had the guts to come forward would rather be doing just about anything else than reliving what was done to them and what was said to them by Dr Poon...my guess is that these women have come forward because they feel strongly that they need to at least try to protect the public.. from someone who has hurt a nuber of young women,,and will likely continue to do so

flag | Submitted May 25, 2008

Everyone is entitled to their own option on this matter. I have been seeing this doctor for a very long time he had also given me a exam about 2 weeks before the charges where laid, I felt uncomfortable when i got it because it was my first time,but he treated me in a good manner and thank GOD he did the exam because he found something i thought to myself was normal.If your not comfortable with a doctor there is a sign posted for a nurse to be there for the exams. Dr.poon always make sure I am healthy along with my family I hope he will be able to to do his practice further...

flag | Submitted May 25, 2008

I am deeply troubled and disturbed by the allegations against this doctor. I am also ashamed of the people involved in his prosecution who appeared to have held off on suspending his license until even more victims were harmed. I do not trust this doctor, and I recommend that no woman roughly between the ages of 18 and 25 trust him either, as it seems by the information supplied in the news reports that this is his target age. It sickens me to hear that he acted inappropriately again only days before his suspension. It does not matter how much knowledge a doctor may have - one case like this and he should be stripped of his title permanently. It's time we re-evaluated the justice system and took greater action to prevent incidents like these from happening.

Dr. Edward Poon's Credentials