Ratings for Dr. Jan Borstlap

Very straightforward, gives you the straight goods, doesn't waste time, money, or effort, listens really well, very pleasant to deal with. Some people might find her abrupt, but I see that as honesty.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2009

Dr. Bortslap is an extremely kind, compassionate, caring and knowledgeable individual. She takes the time to listen, offers treatment plans and has no reservations in referring you to a specialist. Faced with a serious medical condition, Dr. Borstlap made all the calls needed to expedite tests in Kelowna called me to my home, well after hours, with reports, updates and appointment schedules. She works very hard at her profession and has a compassionate side, offering a hug when needed. We are blessed to have her in this community.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

Dr. B is very direct and a straight shooter, that is why I think some people have found her "rude" but she is a breath of fresh air in my opinion. She is very knowledgeable and is very helpful, you just have to be a bit thick skinned if you are not treating your health correctly as she will tell you so.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2009

My mother got this doctor when we brought her in after having been in for almost a week previously, with symptoms of a blood clot in her lung. The previous doctors checked her out, tested her a bit and gave her some antibotics and sent her home. When we took her to emerg again 3 days later we got Dr. B. She was warm, kind, thorough and after running all the tests she could in GF, sent mom to Kelowna where they confimed Dr. B's diagnosis of blood clot in the lungs and saved mom's life. Thank you Dr. B!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2008

WE FOUND DOCTOR TO BE VERY RUDE AND UNHELPFUL. FELT SHE HAD A PRECONCEIVED IDEA OF WHY YOU WERE THERE AND WAS NOT WILLING TO LISTEN ANY FURTHUR. QUALITY OF TREATMENT WAS POOR AND WHEN WE LEFT THE HOSPITAL,FELT WORSE AND CONFUSED, AND HONESTLY KIND OF HURT THAT SOMEONE IN THIS WOMENS POSITION WOULD TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THIS. FELT LIKE WE WERE WASTING HER TIME. SEEMS AS THOUGH THE HYPOCRATIC OATH IS NO LONGER TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2008

Excellent Doctor! She is always on time, listens, and takes my health very seriously.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

Dr. B is always on time and expects her patients to be punctual as well. I have always found her to be helpful, thorough and very compassionate. She is willing to work WITH me to find the best treatment for my chronic disease. There isn't a better doctor in our region.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Dr.Borslap is extremely abrasive and rude, she had NO patients with children and makes an adult feel like you are a waist if her time....she lacks in her compassion and professionalism....as for her helpfullness and Knowledge..thank god there are other Doctors and the internet to double check your health problems with....i would NEVER trust her diagnosis and care plan...

flag | Submitted February 26, 2008

To be fair,she is rude and crude.Appears to suffer from some sort of constant PMS.Needs a good dose of humility,and a large injection of empathy.Regular applications of humanity couldn't hurt,either.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2008

My mamogram report did not accurately describe the surgery I had had for breast cancer. It could have been a typing error or an error of the technican that took the mamogram. I felt that I would like a re-read of the mamogram to clarify the errors. Dr. Borstlap became defensive and refused to order the re-read. She made me feel that it was unimportant and was wasting her time. Perhaps she would be more understanding if she had experienced a bout of breast cancer. She might understand how important it is to feel secure about your mamogram reports. I now have to find another doctor who will take this matter seriously.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2007