You may also like

Ratings for Dr. D. Roy Chernoff

This doctor cried when my grandmother died in his care at age 47 apparently no cause of death. She had hepatitis A and he removed 105 lbs of fluid from her abdomen. He took her off iv and sent her home where she died 3 days later.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2015

My family has been seeing Dr. Chernoff for years and have never really had any issues until about 2 years ago. My mother started to go and see him because she was having health issues and needed help. She was in severe pain and all he ever said was she pulled muscles in her stomach. She finally had enough and went straight to the hospital after a visit to Dr. Chernoff. She was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer that weekend and passed away 6 months later. She was in pain and seeing Chernoff for more than a year before she was diagnosed and he wouldnt even send her for an ultrasound. I switched doctors as soon as all of this happened and would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Dr.Chernoff delivered me and has been my physician my entire life. He is a little quirky but that's just his sense of humor. He is very knowledgeable and will always point you in the right direction if he doesn't have the info. He listens well and will make sure that he has verified before he calls you with your results. I love him.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

He's a good doctor with a lot of knowledge and compassion for his patients.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2014

Dr. Chernoff has been my doctor since he delivered me (I'm now in my late 20's) and he has never steered me or my family wrong. He has a very no-nonsense, practical approach and he won't waste your time on pointless things, but when you've got a legitimate issue he will listen and help you out with it. There have also been a few times that he noticed something other than what I came in for, and I am grateful for his attentiveness. He is a true family doctor, which means he might be out delivering a baby or something, so you might occasionally have to wait a while at your appointment, or even see another doctor at the clinic. This has only happened to me once though. The staff at the clinic are excellent as well. In my experience, Roy has always worked with good people.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Dr. C is the best! I started going to him on a recommendation 14 years ago. I was a single young mom. He treated me and my son with respect and consideration. I asked him to be my family Dr. And he agreed. Since then I have gotten married, he still took on my husband and step daughter and recently my sister in law. It's always slow to get in to see him because he's so in demand, but he is worth it. I travel over two hours to see him and he is worth it! May have to spend time in waiting room, but then again, he makes it worth it by being such a personable knowledgeable and supportive dr!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

Dr. Chernoff was in the room with my mother when she gave birth to me in 1983 and I have gone to him ever since. Before they moved to their new renovated office my baby picture was still up on their bulletin board in the back. Very family friendly office and they truly care about their patients. Dr. Chernoff was my GP throughout my pregnancy and unfortunatly he was away when I gave birth to my son, but Dr. Parker was a supurb backup. He's very funny, sarcastic and makes a dreaded Dr's visit enjoyable. If I see him out at a movie theatre or when he comes into where I work he always remembers you and has a chat about how your doing or what you've been up to. My review for Dr. Chernoff is TOP NOTCH!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

I started seeing this doctor soon after he set up his practice over 20 years ago and I would recommend him to anybody. He's respectful and sensible and doesn't waste time.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

I got a referral for laser wart treatment with Dr. Chernoff. He thought it best to do liquid nitrogen instead, so he did that. After the treatment, I went into shock for over an hour- never had so much pain in my life. He burned way too much skin, and missed half the warts- not a good aim I guess. I had the courage to look at my feet the day after, and the areas that were treated are black and blistered. I look like I have a 6th toe on my one foot. My husband had to take a day off work to take care of me. He says he takes a more aggressive approach than most family doctors to treating warts- that's for sure. I'm sure he is a perfectly competent doctor in other areas and I feel terrible for writing a bad review about him- he really is very pleasant and a kind man. But, if you want to get warts treated I suggest you take another route to save yourself a lot of pain. He doesn't even like doing it, and I can see why. Don't judge his overall competence as a doctor on this review.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

Dr. D. Roy Chernoff's Credentials

Sask Health

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor cried when my grandmother died in his care at age 47 apparently no cause of death. She had hepatitis A and he removed 105 lbs of fluid from her abd..."

December 12, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "My family has been seeing Dr. Chernoff for years and have never really had any issues until about 2 years ago. My mother started to go and see him because she w..."

September 4, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Chernoff delivered me and has been my physician my entire life. He is a little quirky but that's just his sense of humor. He is very knowledgeable and will a..."

August 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is great! Wish I still lived in Saskatoon He was there for all my kids and has always been kind compassionate and knowledgab."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He's a good doctor with a lot of knowledge and compassion for his patients."

December 21, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Chernoff has been my doctor since he delivered me (I'm now in my late 20's) and he has never steered me or my family wrong. He has a very no-nonsense, prac..."

October 17, 2014
  • First Name changed from "D.R." to "D. Roy"

August 23, 2013