Ratings for Dr. Douglas Meek

Dr, Meek looked after my son when he broke his back in a car accident. That man did a bedside visit early morn inning and again about 7 in the evening. I had flown in from Ontario to be with my son. Not only are the islanders the kindest people on earth, they have the best doctor as well. This was ten years ago and my husband and I were sitting outside enjoying th last of fine summer weather and I thought to look up this wonderful man. Well if anyone reads this please tell Dr.Meek he is temembered with gratitude for his attentive kindness. Rose ferguson, Mississauga, a Ontario.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2014

With mixed emotions I am saddened that Dr Meek and Barbara Gillis are retiring yet happy they can enjoy this time in their lives! Dr Meek has been my physician for 25yrs. I can honestly say he was the best GP I have ever had & I've been through a few. If he didn't know the answer or solution to a problem he was quick to ask another colleague for advice. He always had my best interest in mind. Very professional, caring, compassionate, yet firm when he needed to be. I personally want to thank Dr Meek for his help with my medical conditions over the past four years, he has seen me though a lot of health issues. I'm pleased to say I'm so much better off because of his expertise. I specifically prayed for the right physician and God answered my prayer! Behind every successful man is a great nurse back up! They were a great team together, they respect one another. I must say Barb has been wonderful, it's been a joy to have met her along the way too. Blessings-to you & ur families

flag | Submitted December 28, 2013

I have had Dr.meek for 31 years...as well as all my children have him as well...and I would not have it any other way. I can call if the kids are not feeling good and most of the time they make room for me to take the kids in and does not stop until he finds what is going on....just love him.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2012

I dont have too many good things about dr meek.the wait time is always too long he seems to be on vacation too much and doesnt seem to try and fix anything (passes the buck) and likes to think everything is in your head i seen him a few times and it was a very unpleasent visit everytime. I do give him credit he will visit his patience in the hospital but not really bedside mannered person.I have seen him a couple times and I had to go to my doctor to get the proper meds I find he pushes the meds he seems to work for the pharmacies and gets a portion of the profits i find. He doesnt seem caring or doesnt seem to want to help which is what out taxes pay for he is a doctor i agree but i wouldnt make him my first choice

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011

So patient and kind! He is a gentel man and aways remembers his patients.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

Has been our Family Doctor for 23 years and garners tremendous respect from patients and peers. I feel fortunate to have he and Nurse Barb for care and advice on our Families medical issues.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2009

The only complaint is he's too concerned about cost to PEI, refusing to provide referrals for generally accepted medical procedures or consultations because of lack of resources.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2009

He has been my family physician my entire life adn i wouldnt want anyone else looking after my well being. Dr Meek is a great man,I know his entire family and appreciate the fact that I have him as my doctor.There is wait time but thats to be expected with a doctor that tries to treat all of his patients with the same care and couresy.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

A1 doctor and his staff are top notch as well. Very hard working team.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2008

Dr Meek is one of a kind. Attentive, kind, caring and extremely diligent. When unsure, he seeks the appropriate knowledge. He is never defensive when challenged or questioned about treatment or a syndrome. When I was in hospital, he paid unscheduled visits and showed care and concern way beyond would be considered a normal standard. A wonderful man and a consummate professional. What will we do when he retires?

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007