Ratings for Dr. Arvind Kati

Kati messed me up on my birth control, that I'd be able to skip my period by going to the next package. Turns out I can't skip doses on seasonal pills. Its been two years and he still doesn't acknowlede his error. My health hasn't been the same since. I've lost over half my hair and am now insecure about it. I'm going to see another doctor. Worst doctor I've encountered. He also talks about his collegues and wife. I took time from work to talk about my health matters, not sit ten to fifteen minustes of listening to HIS life stories. Unprofessional. Unknowledgeablenin terms of birth control and its effects. Terrible. Just terrible.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Dr. Kati is a good listener. He takes the time to find out what the problem is.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

I only had 2 appointments, and both times was kept waiting 1-1/2 hours. Reception staff were very rude and abrasive when asked about wait times. On 2nd visit, I asked after the first hour how much longer it would be and was told the doctor hadn't even arrived yet - and the waiting room was full! When I got in to see the doctor, he kept the examination room door open, and lectured me for 20 minutes on what good service he provides and why it's ok for him to be late. I was very uncomfortable as the entire waiting room could hear our conversation. When I told him I was uncomfortable, he laughed and said we could close the door. He then spent another 15 mins telling me how stupid people are not to follow his advice, and showing me some gum he gets from overseas. My problem was totally glossed over. Horrible man.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2012

I find pleasant, he listens to what you have to say, doesn't rush you. If I were a complicated patient he would find the problem, either by referring or having tests performed. I have complete confidence in him. He is is very sweet and pleasant and I will continue to see him as long as he practices.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Waited 2 hours to discuss birth control options. Basically he told me I had no other option than the pill, which I am unhappy with. He told me if I used anything else I would get prengnant. And if I got pregnant "he would kill me". He was joking, but I found him very closed-minded and inappropriate. He also took a phone call while I was in the room, and spent at least 5 minutes discussing another patient with Gonorrhea.. Sorry buddy, I don't want to hear it and I won't be going back.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2011

As I can see in the other ratings, people had a hard time with the waiting part, as did I. I had an appointment at 9AM and I didn't get to go in until 9:45AM which is kind of ridiculous considering I asked for the first appointment. When I got in, I told him about my skin problem and he was like, "what the hell is this?" I don't think a doctor should speak to a patient like that, especially when I'm already feeling insecure about my skin too. He asked me to come back in a month for a check-up and when I did, he prescribed me the same medication (which didn't help the first time) again. He asked me to come back the next month! I decided to find a new doctor. Dr. Kati is not worth my time! I don't find him very helpful...

flag | Submitted December 7, 2010

I will admit I become a little frustrated with the 2 hour wait time I have had to endure a few times however, in all honesty, I truly believe much of this is due to his concerned diligence in working with his patients. I highly recommend him and, simply put, would not be comfortable going to any other MD other than Dr. Kati. Additionally, his wife is an adorable woman who shares her husbands compassion and genuine concern for others. Together, they make a remarkable health care team. As mentioned earlier, I do believe some measures to ensure appointments are seen on time, I would not wish to see the quality and compassion of his care minimized by this. Dr. Kati is a person who takes his time and is not bound to a clock when seeing his patients. He is methodical, friendly, consistent and diligent in his prognosis and, perhaps even more importantly, is more concerned of the emotional aspects involved with his patients. I personally recommend him very highly!!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2010

Have not seen Dr.Kati since he retired a few years back but I remember as being a very caring and thorough doctor.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

The Doctor sounded great based on the reviews from this website, so I went to see him for a general check up a year after moving to Winnipeg. Granted, he was very good with basic testing and was able to uncover a problem; I wasn't dissapointed until I had to go back for a follow up. Basically, the doctor has a very friendly demeaner, but this altimately results in waiting hours to see him (even with an appointment) and chit chatting with him about personal business that he doesn't have the common sense to put together. Typical old-school male thinking, when his diagnosis and treatment did not result in elimination of symptoms - he refered me to a counsellor. I've spent another year trying to get assistance with a fibromyalgia diagnosis, and the pain hasn't become any easier to bare.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010

Very impressed with Dr. Kati as a new patient and am happy that he has agreed to take me on as his patient.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2010