Ratings for Dr. Orla Klassen

Dr. Orla Klassen has had her licence revoked. She can no longer practice in Canada.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Gone now. Was going downhill for years , long before she left her office. Unprofessional, bad knowledge base and poor communication

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

so sad that she could not get it together she could of been a great doctor. time to retire

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

She was suspended by the college of doctors. she was knitting all the time.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr Klassen is extremely intelligent and knowledgable. She took the time to find a rare diagnosis and she saved my life!

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Totally unprofessional atmosphere. How is she still allowed to practice?

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I saw Dr. Klassen for approximately 17 years. She was a very good family doctor for a long time but her ability to practice as a doctor diminished over the past five years. The wait times were horrendous, the waiting room had the atmosphere of the Jerry Springer Show and when I finally got to see her, she could not focus on me but instead shared intense personal information of her own. Her physical appearance has deteriorated and she looks dishevelled. On my last visit to her, there was a waiting room full of patients. One of them got up and went behind the receptionist as she heard Dr Klassen talking. She found Dr. Klassen sitting and knitting while patients were waiting for literally hours. When this was announced, the room erupted with frustration and half left, some were swearing. It was extremely uncomfortable when Dr. Klassen joined in and started yelling at patients who felt she should not be knitting. Hence my comment about the Jerry Springer Show. I was one of the patients who eventually left. I have not returned. I have a new family doc that I trust - because after that I could never trust Dr. Klassen again. She should not be a practising physician. It is so sad that in Manitoba we are so desperate for doctors that we need to keep those who are incompetent.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I had her as my family doctor for many years. I never had a bad experience with her but the wait times were ridiculous. Her office is also unsettling, just the notes in the waiting room such as don't clip your nails screams manic depression or something not quite right mentally. She is very thorough but expect a physical to last about 3 hours. She also will go see you, then leave you waiting in the room while she sees another patient. My last visit with her I just needed a form filled out and I had to wait around 3 hours. I finally called family doctor finder and got a new doctor who's great

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I am 22 years old and went in for birth control pills. She refused to give them to me and said I shouldn't be thinking about that. WHAT! So she'd rather me get pregnant. Wait times are horrible 4 or more hours, receptionists talk loudly about other patients problems, so much for confidentiality. You literally have to take the day off work to see her, because the wait time is a whole shift, I've almost sent her a bill for my missed wages. She loves to throw narcotics on you and misdiagnoses you, she diagnosed me with kidney failure, which I don't have, get a second opinion if something doesn't make sense. She suggested i should break up with my boyfriend because apparently she thinks he's abusive, which he is not, and I've never even spoken about him to her so not sure why she'd think that. Maybe because she tells you her life story and about her abusive husband. I've been seeing dr. Klassen since forever and she seems to be losing her mind, or maybe is taking some narcotics herself, I don't know, but she is not who she used to be, she is a mess and all over the place. I think she needs help, and I hope she gets it, she is a nice woman.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

I find all of the comments on this page to be accurate. Yes, she is a caring person however this should not be the only reason a person seeks out medical support. Quirky, for sure. I can also accept a quirky personality should she still remain focused in the medical care of the patient. Long wait times- very consistent in that area. If I felt that I had received proper care I would wait again. I find Dr. Klassen to be extremely unorganized. In my close to 15 years the staff has misplaced my file twice. I agree with the statement that she does a lot of tests. I went for an unusually long list of tests in early December with no call back. I finally went in to see her 5 months later to find out bad results. Why wasn't I called? Or were the results accurate. She wasn't even sure herself as she was fumbling with papers and wasn't clear about her own notes. I've read about negativity. She always seems to complain about her staff, technology, the government, among other topics. When I call her on issues she blames someone. I feel that I have wasted too many years trusting a doctor that is greatly lacking. I'm not sure why there hasn't been some kind of monitoring by the College of Physicians. Surely I do not need to log a complaint. There has to be some form of system in place to monitor this level of inadequacy. I will NEVER go back to Dr. Klassen again.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016