Ratings for Dr. Doug Hobson

Outstanding Dr., brings knowledge and personality together to give a wonderful sense of comfort.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

I was reading over the ratings for Dr. D. Hobson and felt reassured when I noticed feedback regarding the quality of the experience and the incidents of misdiagnosis. So thank you to those who post their bad experiences! I saw him a couple of years ago and I have been devastated since. After one visit he diagnosed me with "functional" or "psychogenic" movement disorder. He did not listen, made untrue inferences that are now in print. Never assessed my the pain issue that brought me there in the first place. There is scoliosis and childhood diagnosis of cervical dystonia never acknowledged. Since this diagnosis I have received poor medical care (no more annual physical, no more blood work etc.). When I bring up a health concern to my physician She/he just looks at me and shrugs the shoulders (i.e. I had frozen shoulder and rotator cuff for over six months. Very painful! I had to diagnose myself before my physician decided to examine me and refer me for help). I never thought of a patient advocate so thank you to a previous writer. I am terrified to seek another opinion. My doctor discloses this in referrals so no one wants to give me the time of day, so I don't even both. There is a lot of unnecessary suffering!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Hobson for a number of years now and find him to be compassionate and caring. He is also optimistic which the first neurologist I saw was not. I've read reviews that say that he is arrogant. I've never seen him that way at all. He's always been patient and I hope to keep seeing him for a long time to come.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Hobson treated my mother for Parkinsons some time ago. Would not listen to our concerns regarding side effects with , what we considered to be the wrong medication. Even after asking repeatedly to have Mom removed from this medication, He insisted on her continuing to take it. He blatantly told us that, He Was The Doctor and If We did Not Follow His Method Of Treatment He was not Interested In helping Us. Arrogant And Self serving. He only worsened my Moms Condition and continued to do so until she was placed in a care home where he no longer dealt with her.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Wonder what other neurologists have to offer as this one is fact-driven & not willing to look at his patient as an individual. This means that he is unwilling to problem-solve on my individual health issues that don't fit the norm as defined by him. How is it helpful to be told that one's symptoms & reaction to meds don't make sense because it's not a match for his experience with his 700 plus patients? I am at the "mercy" of my chronic degenerative disease, having received only marginal care from this "world renown" specialist.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I have been seeing this doctor for 8 years and simply put, he is the best specialist I have yet to see, and I have seen many! He is universally respected world-wide. Hope he never leaves MB.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

I have been a patient of dr. H for several years and find him to be compassionate , knowledgable , friendly zinc patient with my dumb questionable. I am told that when it comes to Parkinson's he is world famous

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

a very good docter helped my mother out a lot adjusted her meds good where other Drs. We've seen could' nt get right a true Professional & an around nice guy to get to know o

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

Dr. Hobson has an attitude problem. He diagnosed my husband with Dystonia and tried him on several medications that did not work. When he decided to take him off the meds serious withdrawal problems occured. Researching withdrawal symptoms I found out why my husband was having the difficulties he was experiencing, so much for the medical profession. Although Dr. Hobson apologized for what he put us through, he no longer wants to see us, likely because we are a constant reminder to himself that he is as imperfect a human being as the rest of us. He cannot seem to accept his own humanity, his attitude is one of self-importance and superiority. He needs to get off his high horse.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Has been my doctor for 6 years and as I see him regularly, I can attest to him being, in my opinion, the best of the best, a doctor's doctor! Brilliant, caring, engaging and never rushes me. We are so lucky to have this award winning specialist in our city. If we are lucky he will never leave for twice the pay somewhere in the U.S.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2012