Ratings for Dr. George Korol

My father went to Dr. Korol when he was vomiting and having trouble breathing. Dr. Korol said it was an ear and chest infection. My father continued to have problems and went to a hospital. Their doctors said my father had likely had a heart attack and contacted Dr. Korol who said, "I have my own cardiologist, I don't want your results." and insisted that my father just had an ear and chest infection and simply prescribed anti-biotics. When my father went to another hospital, their cardiologist confirmed; he had definitely suffered a heart attack and now has only 20% functionality in his heart. I hope Dr. Korol never is allowed to practice medicine on live patients again. In my opinion he is incompetent as a physician and is not someone I would trust with my health or the health of anyone I care about.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011

Dr. Korol was amazing as a Dr. I miss him. He lost his Medical License because he broke the Law. I think that he should be allowed to have his Medical License back. After all, that's what rehabilitation is about. He was the best Doctor I've ever had.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

Have not seen Dr Korol for a few yrs now, since he had worked at the Parkview Medical Walk-in Clinic on Main St across from Kildonan Gold Course-but do recall what an excellent Doctor he is !Very helpful and caring and looks at you when you are speaking.Took the time to hear what you had to say and suggested things that worked ! I do hope you continue working as a Physican, as you are a good person !

flag | Submitted December 1, 2009

There was quite often a long wait to see him, at times 3 - 4 hours, seemed like our time meant nothing to him or his staff. A long wait is quite common in any dr office and hospital emergency. Yes a couple of the staff I wasn't too fond of either. However, when my husband came out of hospital in 2006 with very low blood count the specialists were all pondering why and what to do. Dr. Korol gave the solution - and he is doing much better. I had a medical problem as well - after seeing several specialists who were useless - it was Dr. Korol who helped me. He always had a smile, and we were never limited to one question! I do hope you are planning to return Dr Korol - we miss you.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

If you really do not care about your time, go ahead and waste it waiting for this Doctor, line up for nothing! Simply he doesn't respect his patients time, you wait 3 hours simply because he comes late 2 hours!!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

At first I found him a great doctor. He didn't have any problems referring me to a specialist. Friendly & funny. Blood/xray on site = great. Then the wait times increased on a regular basis. A few times I waited 4 hrs. My hubbie waited long too. I'd loose an evening. Receptionists were rude. I was always very polite to them...didn't help. I got blood done sep07. I made attempts to see him, but my apts would be cancelled & yes I forgot once. Dreaded going back. Sep 08, still have not got them b/c during that month I decided I HAD ENOUGH. He moved to another clinic in the ghetto end of town. The waiting room was *gross* & pple were complaining they were waiting there for 5 hrs. There were crude pple swearing & horking all over. EWW! Why did he close his clinic & join another horrible FOUR RIVERS CLINIC? They are never on time & they say you can book online. My co-workers and I tried - never works. Bad luck? Now rate him as not professional and only cares about $$$$$$.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2008

I've been visiting DR KOROL for 10 months, I complained of irregular heart beats one in a while. He said I have stress that lowers my blood sugar which in turn cause the irregular heart beats. For 10 months he gave me a medicine that is normally would be used for fungus but, as he explained, it has a side effect of lowering the stress hormone: Every visit I had to spend 3 hours waiting for him. After been tortured this way for 10 months, I decided to liberate myself and not visiting any doctors.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2008

I have never been afraid to walk into a Doctor's office before. Dr Korol's is the only one. He may be willing to look for explanations, but he figured he could cure my compression fractures, where noone else could. Almost like a God complex...He also didn't listen when I explained that some meds didn't have a positive result for me, but I ended up getting very sick before he would see. I felt physically threatened by his nurse, along with being called a liar, only to be proven right the next day when they found my meds in THEIR fridge. They refused to apologize to me and I felt very threatened, so I never went back. As stated by others the wait time is crazy long, even first thing in the morning. Don't go to him if you have a choice.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007

I had to see this doctor after a bad car accident. We always waited no less than three hours. When he asked for payment to fill out a medical form, he put it in his pocket and said "this will pay for lunch." He would never give a receipt. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007

He is a good doctor but I once waited 6 hours to see him! Not only that, but one time I had an appointment and even called to confirm it the week before, but the day I arrived the secretary told me that the appointment wasn't for that day but the next day. He's cancelled way too many times also. The thing that pushed me to move on to a new doctor was this scruffy patient seated next to me who said he liked Dr. Korol because he could get pills pretty easily - yikes!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2007