Ratings for Dr. Murray Hoy

dr hoy should be happy with fetnall carfetnall in winnipg this should up his paitents this dr is on welfare living off the poor addicts metadone is a addictive drug also i work with one of his paitents metadone makes you a zoombie and lazy i seen dr hoy before he went to liquid candy med and prescribed me valium one a day then said this valium is a north america epemdimic well i think dr hoy is wrong most of the core area where i live are addicded to dr hoy methadone one more thing hemakes money off the poor province that he gets a face lift and always jooking wiht women paitents

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

Saw Dr hoy for many years but because of all u loses with codeine and methodist addictions I lost him as a doctor do to all your addictions I was prescribed Tylenol 3 for years due a previous injury due to life events but never ever got addicted like u stupid loses did Easy to visit him and did get proper medical service but because he opened a methodone clinic I lost him because he cannot prescribe sny medications or any specialist referrals because all u lowers got caught up in addictions do thank u not but thank u Dr hoy for your help No I gotta deal with whatever is out there for a physician

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

I am not 100% sure but think he gets kick backs from the pharmacy that I believe is owned 1/3 by a non-healthcare professional relative of his and 1/3 by a high school friend who is a City of Winnipeg Bus Driver. I am not sure but I don't think too many Bus Drivers own pharmacies on the side.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr. Hoy has been my doctor for at least 12 to 15 years. He firsts became my doctor when he was at four rivers. I was addicted to opioids and went on methadone. I worked my way down and got off. He was helpful and there for me every step of the way. I stayed clean for 7 years and got seriously hurt and hospitalized and put on morphine. I was released and prescribed perks and oxys I realized I was back where I was years before. When I went back to dr. Hoy he didn't judge me or make me feel bad about myself like other doctors had. He got me back on methadone, referred my to an amazing therapist and has been helping me ever since. As far as I'm concerned anyone who has a bad opinion of him is most likely because he wouldn't prescribe you what you wanted, or hold your hand and coddle you like a child. He's a doctor and has other patients and other people who believe their issues are just as serious as yours. If you want sympathy call your mother if you want help call Dr. Hoy.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

Dr. Hoy & the OATS clinic straight up saved my life. I was addicted to morphine and dilaudid due to a very bad car wreck. I went from being happily married with 3 kids, nice house in St. Vital, good job too. Wife left with the kids when the mortgage payments started going to a drug dealer. I was using up a whole months worth of morphine in less than a week and getting my supply for the rest of the month off the street when I couldn't find a pill mill doctor. Ended up living in a rooming house on Spence st. on disability not caring about anything but the drugs. Murray Hoy treated me with compassion and understanding, got me into the methadone program 20 minutes after my initial appointment and eventually to the point I'm at today. Clean and off methadone almost 5 years now. My wife & kids even came back. I had hit lower than rock bottom and if it weren't for dr. Hoy, I'm almost certain I would be dead right now. I can't thank him enough for what he's done.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

Saved my life from 13 years of self abuse. Enough said.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. Hoy has been my doctor for many years. He has always been super nice and patient and explains things to you. If you go in to his office and act like a loser begging for pills or a quick fix that is how he will treat you, & how you should be treated!!! He has no obligation to treat anyone that can't act like a grown up. He is there to help you, not for you to yell at and call down because your life sucks. Dr. Hoy is a wonderful doctor hands down! And to the chick that said he was rude to you cause you were fat stop eating so much being fat is unhealthy and clearly you know that or you wouldn't be so sensitive about it. So dry your years and step away from the donuts.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Please be very aware of this Dr.When you start the program he will ask you weekly if you need what he calls a "bump" just like a DRUG DEALER wants you to get addicted to make money of you're misery. The more methadone you take just like any other drug you take you're body will become amuned and there for you will take more and before you know it your addicted and a life long patient.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

I used to have him as a doctor my dad as I and I refuse to see anyone but him cause he's very understandable

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

If you're a current Patient and get on the wrong side of this doctor, BEWARE!! He won't follow the Best Practices policy of the Methadone Guidelines of Manitoba and throw you to the curb! Forget about getting appropriate counselling or help for your addictions, you can expect to get more pills and get reduced to 5mg per day and outta the program in a week.. no proper follow-up or human compassion!!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2014