Ratings for Dr. Sally Longstaff

More harm then help. My daughter had an obstructed bowel and her only comment was to give her laxatives to clear it out. After a month the laxatives didn't work and we went back only to be told that we have to give her more and it was our fault because she wasn't eating properly. When I pointed out that we kept a journal of her food to track fiber and water intake she got mad and said our time was up. Our GP sent my daughter for tests that Longstaff wouldn't request and told us that no amount of laxative would work and my daughter would need surgery. So basically my little girl was in pain because this Dr couldn't get over her ego and admit that she was wrong.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I found my appointment rushed and that I wasn't able to talk to her regarding my child's concerns

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

She's great. She's smart and can help you understand what is going on precisely.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Extremely professional, punctual, kind and helpful. Will go back for sure! :)

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

My son has met Dr. S. Longstaff at Pediatric Adolescent Clinic 3 times. We won't take my son to her never again. It might take a while to find another one, but we just have to as we disappointed with Dr. S. Longstaff. 1. Her prescription didn't work. 2. Always she is in rush. We had conversation with her for 10mins (wow! it was long!) at the last appointment and then she cut my conversation and she said I needed to go to a MEETING!!! Seriously??? Meeting is more important than your patients??? 3. I asked her to refer to another specialist (a different field of hers). Dr. Longstaff said that you should call the specialist directly and it'll be private (we need to pay all the fee). So I asked my friends who did go through the same situations. My friends said they got referred from Dr.. Hummm... I can not trust this Dr. anymore...

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr. Sally Longstaff has met with us and our child 3 times to evaluate our son. She is awesome. She is blunt but its good to hear her say how and what could help my sons behavior and how we could change his life. We have done as she said since June 2012. First from having a child being about to be kicked out by daycare and school, from everyday horror reports to he wanting to go to school, enjoying every part of his development. He was originally at age 4 shown to be only developed as a 2 year old and since June he now is like a normal almost 5 year old. Sure he is continue to develoe but the big deal to us was the fact she took the time to sit with him, with us and then all of us together so she can see how things go. I am so thankful for her staff and Dr. Longstaff has helped us to change the way we did things for and with our son. We would probably ripped out our hair if we hadn't seen her a couple times. She is THE BEST.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2013

I can't speak to how knowledgeable Dr. Longstaffe is aside from the fact that she must be knowledgeable to be recognized in her field. I had very little interaction with her. My concern was that she briefly (less than 5 minutes) met with us initially prior to the assessment and again very briefly (again, around the 5 minute mark) following the assessment but it was the intern who did the assessment pieces otherwise. The intern was not a good listener. Numerous information pieces in the letter of assessment were inaccurate.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

I am extremely disappointed with my recent visit to Dr. Longstaff's clinic. We were ushered into a room fairly quickly but told a resident would be in to see us shortly to do an assessment prior to Dr. Longstaff coming in to see us. We ended up sitting in the room for 50 minutes before the resident came in. And, when he did come in, he was more focused on asking irrelevant questions like what my our highest level of education was, and not so focused on my daughter's medical history. He seemed very unprofessional even checking my daughter's reflexes with an Iphone because he didn't have a mallet handy. He also told us that he didn't think our daughter had a form of organic brain damage because she has a normal physical appearance. When Dr. Longstaff finally came in, she made us feel like we were seeking out a miracle cure for our child when we really just want assistance in helping her function at an optimal level. I left feeling like she viewed me as being weak and a failure.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2012

dr. sally longstaffe is a very nice and a very approachable doctor. she is an expert that's why we trust her. she is so helpful and very knowledgeable. we highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2012

Quite satisfied with the extended first appointment we had. She gave us hope that we can work at making things more manageable for our son. She made herself available and provided us with continued support. She did not pressure us to put our 4 1/2 year old son on medication for ADHD- She gave it to us as an option, but she also paved the way for getting our son an Educational Assistant for school. I am very grateful.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011