Ratings for Dr. Jan Ritchie

Dr Ritchie has been my GP for over 25 years . I am not a patient with a lot of needs , but whenever I have had a problem , she listens, advises , doesn’t rush me, but is efficient with her time, ( that’s why I never wait for very long ) she refers when needed, so she knows her limits, is knowledgeable and caring. She has a sense of humour, and provides a certain depth of psychological care when needed. Having said all this, and having read a discontented review by another patient, we have to realize that doctors are human as well as may have issues in their personal lives to deal with. So be cognizant of that if they are having a rough day. I thoroughly appreciate every time she has seen me and looked after my needs.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2018

Jan was my doctor for over 25 years. In the last 5 years something has changed. Under her care I had a suicide attempt. Fortunately I survived...I had been asking her for a psychiatric referral for years and she kept telling me that it would take too long to ever see one so she wouldn't do it. I also asked her for a new medication and she refused me. After my suicide attempt she finally made a referral and I received a letter and had an appointment in 6 weeks. I guess one needs to almost kill themselves in order to get a referral from her...not okay! There is so much more to say but I feel this says it all...she has recently bought the whole practice and she is not practicing good medicine. I would highly recommend thinking twice about this doctor. She is a bully and I honestly don't think she is well. Not to judge but she smokes her face off and she physically looks like a wreck most of the time that I have seen her over the past 5 years. It's hard to trust a doctor that can't even take care of herself...

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

She’s so helpful, I feel comfortable with her, and leaving my appointment with her I felt I’m finally getting somewhere with the medical issues I have! Such a sweet woman

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

She is a great doctor! She never gives the impression that she is rushing off to her next patient. Listens to my concerns and explains things clearly.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

She's been my doctor for 30 years. I appreciate that she refers to good people, and is willing to listen to my input. I needed a referral to a sports med doc; the person that she first recommended was someone I felt uncomfortable with, so she found another, better option. Jan is very knowledgeable, and when she has not known something she has been frank about that and has sought out the information. Very grateful to have her as my MD!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Dr. Ritchie is EXCELLENT! She's been my GP for over 25 yrs. She is very knowledgable, approachable & has a sense of humour. She's been with me through thick & thin. Karen Hodson.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr. Jan is an EXCELLENT Dr. I have been going to her for several yrs. I have moved in & out of Province & she has excepted me back as a patient each time. Listens, is thorough, very knowledgeable, down to earth & does tells you like it is, honest, explains things, feel like you can ask her anything, a pleasure to visit.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr Ritchie is a listener, is empathetic, and thorough. She is decisive and an excellent diagnostician, and I have found her to be great with teenagers, since I have two, and they are lucky enough to have her as a family doctor too. Would absolutely recommend this doctor to anyone..

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Ritchie for over 20 years. She is an amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

LOVE LOVE LOVE her. I've been a patient of her since I was 16 years old; I am turning 40 this year:)

flag | Submitted June 18, 2010