Ratings for Dr. Earl Minuk

I think Dr.Earl Minuk is awesome. Good suggestions. Awesome with wanting to see results. Friendly. Thanks.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

I had a terrible experience yesterday. I was referred by my family doctor to dr earl minuk for melasma (pregnancy mask). The appointment went ok- he suggested absolutely no creams, only laser would work. He said the cost would be $1500 for 4 sessions. So, I asked for more info on the laser procedure and he gave me a pamphlet. He asked if I was willing to book for next week, and I said I wanted to go home to do a bit of research first. As he was leaving the room, he proceeded to say "I really hope you decide to go ahead with it because it's really ugly". WOW, he pretty much called me ugly. It's on my face. Unreal. I do not recommend this rude doctor, all he's looking for is to make a buck! Not the patients best interest. I will never return.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I purchased a laser package a few years back costing me over $1000 for facial hair removal as I was very self conscious about the dark hair growing on my chin and face. I was a university student, so that amount was literally breaking the bank for me. Upon my first treatment I noticed that my face had hived up and the redness didn't disappear until 3 days later. When I'd gone in for the second treatment and mentioned it to the esthetician performing the laser, she disregarded what I'd told her by saying "it'd never happened to anyone before" nevertheless the hives and redness occurred again. Upon booking my third appointment, the receptionist he had at the time was overly rude and hung up on me a few times displaying very poor customer service to the point where I was appalled and mentioned it to Minuk himself who disregarded me. I rated my experience here whilst still having 6-7 more treatments to go and found myself being called by Minuk himself to threaten me to take down the rating or he would cancel my treatments for no refund. He did not apologize for the way his staff had treated me, but merely maliciously attacked me to take the truthful rating down. I was forced to take down my rating and informed the clinic that I was leaving for university abroad thus not being able to attend the remainder of my treatments. Nothing was offered in terms of reimbursement or extension, moreso comical is that on the last treatment I'd gone there for the esthetician did nothing but warn me never to go back to the establishment or deal with any of the other estheticians as they were not fully knowledgable hence letting the reaction I'd kept getting to the laser go ignored. Would HIGHLY not recommend this clinic or doctor, he robbed me blind and was a very malicious man till the very end. The treatments were unsuccessful and they could see that from the beginning due to my reactions, but he continued to rob a poor student and used threats to intimidate. Years later I wish I'd never wasted my hard earned money on such a bad experience and such a horrible man.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Just had my cheeks done with filler and I'm extremely excited about the result! I'm 36 and I feel like I look 26 again. No pain at all, no bruising at all, best decision ever! All the staff are great and so professional.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I have been going to Dr. Minuk for about 10 years now and have always been happy with the results. However, I recently tried another clinic because they had a "special deal" on Botox so I thought I'd try to save some money and go there. The injector was nice enough but the results were terrible. I went back to the other clinic after two weeks to see if she could fix my drooping eyelids and eyebrows and she said there was nothing she could do and that's the risk you take. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. I immediately phoned Dr. Minuk's office and they got me in the same day for a treatment to fix it. Dr. Minuk gave me some injections and eye drops which helped immediately - he saved me! He may be a little more pricey, but after my experience at the other clinic (First Glance, btw) I will gladly pay the extra money, which isn't that much more - totally worth it. His staff is very friendly, helpful, and professional and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a dermatologist.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I am beyond happy with my overall experience! Dr. Minuk was very informative and made me feel relaxed as it was my first time getting lip injections. My results are exactly what I had imagined. I had no bruising, minimal swelling and they look natural. No duck lips. In addition, his staff and nurse were so friendly. I will definitely be returning! - A

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

Dr. Minuk and his staff are friendly, informative and really put me at ease, not to mention LIFE CHANGING TREATMENT received for hyperhidrosis!! Truly glad I walked into his clinic, would recommend him and his team to anyone! Marian Varey, Minitonas, MB

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

The doctor was quick, efficient, and had a great sense of humor.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

Rude, pompous man. Asked me inappropriate questions that had nothing to do with why I was seeking treatment. I went to see him for acne and told him that due to mental health concerns I was not interested in being prescribed Accutane (which comes with serious risks of mental health issues for people who have a history of mental health problems). He argued (yes, argued, it was not a conversation) with me before becoming totally exasperated and saying "If you're going to be my patient, you'll be taking Accutane." I ended up going to another private dermatologist and ended up treating my acne without Accutane and seeing great results.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

My experience at Dr. Minus'skin clinic was a wonderful one. I found the staff and Dr. Minuk informative, friendly, helpful, and overall pleasant. I've been a client of theirs for years, and I will recommend him to anyone interested in treatment.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017