Ratings for Dr. Annemarie A. Spooner

First, Dr. Spooner is hands down the best gynecologist I've ever seen. She is extremely knowledgeable and has the best bedside manner I've ever encountered. Her nurse, Eileen, is equally wonderful. Her front office staff, however, is just terrible. They do not return voicemails, and never call back when they say they will. They enter appointment times incorrectly and then blame patients for not showing up on time. If you use Dr. Spooner, make sure to double check your bills and compare them to your insurance EOBs. I've noticed several coding errors, and they've charged me for "noncovered services" that my insurer actually would cover if they provided adequate information (the type of injection I received, for example). I'm willing to endure the ineptitude because Dr. Spooner is so wonderful, but I'm not sure my patience is interminable.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Dr Spooner is very attentive and caring. The nurse is awful and therefore I cannot recommend. I was told by nurse I needed a procedure I asked for detail and she said to look it up on Internet. Turns out it was very invasive so I scheduled appointment with doctor who offered more practical options. the nurse is the gatekeeper and is very slow to respond. Once I scheduled an appointment to get a refill it was the last straw

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Would not recommend her. Never got a call back from the office even though I called twice! I guess I'm just not that important to her!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

Dr. Spooner, her nurse, and staff are fanatastic. Dr. Spooner is extremely knowledgeable, was very thorough, and addressed all of my questions and needs. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

For a routine exam, you would think this would be simple. Nope. I have gotten two "diagnoses"..."Ooops, that must be another patient, no, it is you...." I'm picking up my medical records, but need to pay for them. This is crazy!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr. Spooner is everything you want in a gynecologist. She is gentle, thorough, knowledgeable and sensitive. I never feel rushed or patronized no matter the questions asked. I would recommend her in a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Although I was initially pleased with Dr. Spooner I have now had a very unpleasant and frustrating experience. IAfter my last appointment I was told I needn't come back for two years. During that time I turned 65 and enrolled in Medicare. I called two years later to schedule a routine check up and to have a more urgent need addressed. I told the front desk I had changed my insurance to Medicare and she said it would not cover both issues being addressed at once. I asked for the more urgent matter to be addressed first and made an appointment. a few days later the front desk left me a message saying there had been a cancellation and I could come in earlier.. when I called to respond I was to,d it was a mistake. then when I went to my regularly scheduled appointment I was told I wouldn't be seen because the doctor was not taking new Medicare patients. I reminded the front desk of our previous conversation and said she was sorry it was a mistake.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

staff is poor in follow up to patient calls, filling rx, or communication in general.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

I am highly upset with all the emotional trama I have gone through. I went to Dr. Spooner because where I lived at the time she had flexable scheduling. I seen Dr. Ann next door before for 5 years prior with no abnormalities etc. I was tested in Dr. Spooners office and told my test came back abnormal and that I would have to come back multiple times to make sure it didnt become cancerous. When I heard that word I was in shock...I could not get to the office due to a move and they suggested I find a new Dr. which I did I scheduled and appointment and told her I was told of the urgency and over the phone they seemed confused when I got there and told her what I was told she informed me that the test I had that was transferred was normal and that there was nothing in my file about what I was told!! I would not recommend her as a Dr.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Best Doctor I ever had. She is very friendly and make me feel comforable

flag | Submitted June 18, 2011

Dr. Annemarie A. Spooner's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1998)