Ratings for Dr. Stephen L. Schmidt

Rude , arrogant, actually timed my visit. Insulted my husband. I would suggest he go into tele -medicine so he doesn't have to be bothered by patients.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2017

After seeing Dr. Schmidt 3 times over the past year, I'm done with him. He doesn't listen. He constantly cuts me off. I also find him to be quite arrogant and condescending at times. When I went to him with a sore throat and swollen tonsils that had lasted nearly 2 weeks, I told him I was having trouble breathing when I would lie down. It felt like something was blocking my airway. Instead of addressing that, he told me that I had sleep apnea, and that exercise would take care of it. Not once did he ask a follow up question or relate it to my tonsils. He wrote it off as apnea without a sleep study or anything. When I asked him what to do about my throat, he told me it was "probably viral" and "if it gets to the point where you're having to spit in a cup rather than swallow, come back in." He didn't tell me what to do in the meantime. He never did a throat culture. He didn't tell me to come back if it hadn't gotten better in a month. Nothing. I found this care completely inadequate.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

Dr. Schmidt is an excellent physician, who is ALWAYS punctual, never rushes patients, listens carefully, encouraqes patients to participate in care and is always available to answer questions.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Great doctor, very knowledgeable and personable. Best doctor I have had. Never mind the trolls above with such nasty things to say, I can promise they never saw Dr. Schmidt, just came here to spread hate. If you come to see Dr. Schmidt, you'll like him.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2012

Just moved to this area, and I needed a new doctor. I have been very impressed with Dr. Schmidt so far. I have found him to be very personable and professional. He has taken the time to answer my questions and I haven't had any problems at all with him. I am rather picky about doctors, and if I don't get a good feeling from them, I don't go back. I think I'll stick with this one!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

very punctual doctor. very thorough. super smart chapel hill grad. will keep him as my doctor until one of us dies.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2011

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

Office staff is incredibly rude! I requested to see another doctor and they refused me. Thought it was a free country? According to their office staff it is not! Rude and very disrespectful!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2010

Curt, very poor bedside manner. Does not think out of the box. Read lab results that should have sent up a red flag as not correct and doubled medication when it should have been cut in half. Did not listen to patient's concerns about it or return phone calls. Admitted that results were wrong but did not apologize or admit to making a mistake. He did point out that he was not happy that he had to take time out from his vacation to take care of a patient. Stated that patients did not come before family. Also, wrote lab order & forgot some tests so patient had to pay for additional lab testing. I was told by another of his patients that the same thing happend happened to her. Stay away from this doctor want to be.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

Dr. Stephen L. Schmidt's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)