Ratings for Dr. Sarita Duchatelier

Although initial appt was 3 months out a little persistence with staff got my 8yr old son in within s week. Dr Duchatelier (Dr D) was terrific complete opposite of a few other Old reviews , she had a very nice bed side manner and was willing to answers questions. She explained my sons condition using examples from her own family and was definitely not an alarmist but honest with her opinions. Would absolutely recommend

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Be aware of this doctor. She's an alarmist who rattles off a ton of disabilities your child may have and then tops it off with "well it could also be genetics/hereditary". That means that she's setting herself up to always be right while instilling fear and frustration in the parents and possibly children. She spent most of the time talking very fast and was unwilling to answer questions about other parts of the human body. She was only willing to talk about the brain. What kind of doctor doesn't want to discuss and educate parents about general health and medicine? Aren't doctors supposed to practice medicine and then specialize in a particular type of medicine? Isn't the human body all connected? This experience was an eye opener. We will not be going back.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I switched my son to Dr. Duchatelier after Dr. Mirar in the same office could not anwser my questions. Dr. D was very snippy with me because I slited her coleague and in fact was very rude and not helpful in general. We never see her when we go for an appt it is always a pa. She refuses to change my son meds after I have told her time and time again that they are not working for him. When I told her his teachers were sending me letters home about his behavior she told me to put him in a special class. which he is already in. She told me she wouldn't keep changing his meds to find the right one. Isn't that her job? to monitor his meds and change them accordingly. He has been on the same meds and the same dose since he was 3 1/2 he is going to be 7. In fact she hasn't run any tests on him. No blood work, no EEG nothing. She is just all around nasty. She even took a personal call on her cell phone while I was asking her questions. Like we didn't even matter.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2011

Non existent bed side manner, rude and lacks sensitivity, I could go on......

flag | Submitted August 1, 2010

She misdiagnosed my son for 3 years until I took him to another neurologist. The worst doctor I have ever been around

flag | Submitted January 13, 2010

For her specialty, she is very knowledgeable. She is not helpul with getting approvals form the insurance company for a change in medication. She would rather prescribe something different than speak to the insurance company on patients behalf.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2008

Dr. Sarita Duchatelier's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll Of Med, Brooklyn Ny 11203 (Grad. 1992)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Babylon, NY