Ratings for Dr. Hendry Kolesky

Suffered with a disease for almost a year because he kept sending me to the wrong specialists ..... Thank god I got smart and fired him !! Was diagnosed by my new doc within days and on my long road to recovery because it was left undiagnosed for so long !¡!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

Dr Kolesky is very professional, knowledgeable, and personable. He takes the time needed to explain the current issue in clear terms. He will investigate each issue thoroughly before referring on and is willing to refer to specialists plus communicate with them for follow up. The office receptionist promptly answers phones and is always pleasant. The office RN is most helpful. The PA is knowledgeable and helpful and always in time. A great office team.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I had a great doctor for 43 years and was really worried when he sold his practice. However, after meeting Dr. Kolesky and after several visits to see him I happy to say that I extremely happy to have him as my doctor. He is friendly and very helpful. He is always happy to answer your questions and not afraid to send you to a specialist for a second opinion. He says it like it is but respectfully. He is always conscious of your feelings. Dr. Taylor couldn't have picked a better doctor to take over his practice!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Currently my Doc in Barrie & I only have positive things to say about him. He is the first Doc I have ever seen who is happy to explain anything you want.I'm sure some Docs would say I am difficult because I ask a lot of questions and details.Many wont even bother acknowledging that you have questions but Kolesky has no problem with that.He gives it to you straight and it seems like judging you is the last thing he cares about doing.He's actually on your team

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

AMAZING !!! He saved my 2 yr olds life. I think of him everyday. What a great dr

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

Dr.Kolesy was our family doctor for many years until he recently left Melville. He was very nice and for the most part helpful, however my 15yr. old daughter hurt her knee playing volleyball and he insisted it was just an mcl sprain. When she hurt it again a month later, he said the same thing. This went on for months. Finally we insisted on MRI, which showed she had totally torn her ACL and partially tore her meniscus. So,now we are waiting for surgery on an injury that occurred 9 mths ago. Very frustrated!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2013

He has been my family doctor for numerous years. He's a very busy man, so is the office. Always investigates issues until they are solved. Excellent bed side manner. Caring, explains things thoroughly, very professional.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2013

We find Dr. Kolesky to be a very good doctor, knows what he is doing and does what he thinks is best for his patient. He is a friendly person and takes the time to listen to you. Because he is such a great doctor, he has way to many patients. I hope this does not drive him out of Melville.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2009

Adamant professional. Respects patient choice, but does not cater to patients who waste taxpayer money. Those who do not appreciate his candidness are usually hypochondriacs or individuals who ignorantly self diagnose. More physicians like Kolskey would help reduce the epidemic system abuse which is rampant in SK because of self-absorbed or delusional patients.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

I have had a personal experience where this doctor told his patient that he couldn't send him to a specialist because he didn't know what was wrong; & the patient died from an infection that could have been treated.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2008