Ratings for Dr. Christopher Voll

His staff is absolutely horrible and he is not good with humans

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

Enjoyed an excellent visit this time. He is very knowledgeable . Was gentle and kind and very helpful. Excellent bedside manner this visit. Listened empathetically & actively . Gave excellent direction. Feeling very thankful.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

In my opinion, Dr. Voll is an A-1 physician. His knowledge of neurology is excellent. I once had an appointment with him the day after I finished reading two neurology journals that I subscribe to that had just arrived. I thought he would not be familiar with them. He was. He had already read them! He also advised me of results he heard of at an international conference and I added an oil to my diet. None of the results reached a neurological journal for a full 2 years. Dr. Voll is polite and distant. He is meticulous in his choice of words and his medical intuition is good. Another time, he went well beyond my expectations in helping to arrange an MRI. If you want emotional support, he is probably not your guy. I am grateful to have lots of emotional support already. I want a neurologist with a strong intellect and up to date knowledge and who pays attention to detail. In my experience, he has cared in very practical ways. He's my man, definitely.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Very knowlegeable & thorough , first couple vists . S howed me the MRI and explained there was a cyst on the pineal gland in my brain after an MRI was ordered & done. Last visit he was angry and impatient & even yelled at me. Questioned his mental & emotional health . There was no need 4 him 2 be angry with me. Didn't do anything or say anything 2 set him off. A doctor that once cared 4 me wants me 2 see him again - not sure why. There have been some very strange & erratic requests put in 2 specialists 4 me 2 see with absolutely no human empathy or humility. Every request 2 see him and other doctors seems very erratic & unnecessary. Out of the blue this request comes 2 see him again. They seem 2 be more intent on proving me wrong about everything instead of treating me like a human being with a need. He hasn't reached anything concrete 2 work on. He & all his colleagues seem very vague & unable 2 give any truth 2 me. Not sure what has happened 2 the medical system . It is turning off many people who express their frustration & displeasure 2 me about their lack of empathy and compassion . I feel very blessed & thankful 4 my life -- just not sure what has happened 2 the medical system.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Dr Voll is very direct and determines potential solution to to problems with great knowledge. I truly respect and appreciate dr Voll!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

After I moved to saskatoon I went to see Dr. Voll instead of my neuro in Regina for checkups. I wish I had stuck with my old neuro as Dr. voll has a ruff bedside manner and would rush me in & out of my app. He was Not informative on my questions (I would later learn that my family dr was more help then he was!! But maybe that's because she was willing to spend time on my concerns). I am due for another checkup with him but have no desire to go as, actual as he does not give his patient that needs real time & real attention given for a checkup. Almost a year after my visit i learned that my medication had caused 'toxicity' levels in my body. I knew i didn't feel 'right' when i had seen him last, but he brushed off my concern and told be i was not feeling 'well' because i was sleep deprived and tired all the time because i was a mother of a young baby who didn't sleep through the night. I would not recommend him. And I looked for a new neurologist. I would eventually Dr. Tellez-Zenteno

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Dr. Voll -- highly introverted, no bedside manner. TBUT highly skilled neurology problem solver. Very careful in his selection of words so it is necessary to actually listen carefully to what he says. Writing it down is a good idea. As one of the earlier reviewers said -- he's no _ss kisser and if you want to be coddled go somewhere else. For rigorous analysis of the facts -- he is excellent in my view. One time I questioned him about a peer reviewed neurology journal article that had just come out 2 days before my appointment. He knew all about it.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Dr. Voll has been my neurologist for 5 years now. His diagnosis of my condition was spot on from the very beginning . He is a very factual person who answers my question clearly and concisely. He has always been friendly and pleasant , as are his staff. I cannot say how grateful I am to have him as part of my medical team.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2015

Can't say I had a great experience with Dr Voll. He is definitely a smart man but if you dont fit into what he decides your diagnosis is...even with evidence that what he is treating you for is not working, he gets stuck in a rut and wont consider alternate diagnoses. His bedside manner does leave something to be desired; however he was only outrightly rude once. I do believe that he was trying to help me and simply couldnt think outside the box he had placed me into.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

Quack! The man nearly killed me! If I hadn't been persistent in my belief that something was truly wrong with me and sought out a second opinion, the cyst in the back oft head would have eventually cut off my ability to breate and swallow. Arnold Chiari malformations are not that rare, and the same symptoms I presented to him were presented to another doctor, who thought something must be wrong and sent me for the MRI that undoubtably saved my life.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014