Ratings for Dr. T.A. Sylwestrowicz

Been seeing him for nearly ten years. Very helpful

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I have been sitting here for over a hour waiting will be looking for a new dr after today took 6 months to get them to call me back after beibg told if u need anything call so i do and they dont even call back Done with this jack ass

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Love this man!!! He is up to date, current on all treatments and so knowledgeable. He has been the most helpful doctor for my husband. He has been caring, compassionate to my husbands situation and always willing to do more than ever expected. He always listens to our concerns and my crazy suggestions and tells me straight out if I am off the wall, if the cost is not worth the newest thing and is not right for our venture. Very to the point which I love we don't want the tip toeing. Best specialist we will ever have!!β€οΈβ€οΈπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Dr. S was my specialist for almost 8 years starting when I was 17 and very sick. He is very hit and miss. Definitely never know what your'e going to get when you see him-helpful and concerned, or grouchy and dismissive. If he is running behind he tends to take it out on his patients. When I originally saw him for severe bleeding (which ended up being ulcerative colitis) he asked me if I was sure I didn't just have my period. He definitely thinks he is the best of the best and can never be wrong. Refuses to discuss any alternative medications or options and only believes in pills. When my UC worsened he rediagnosed me with Crohns and seemed to be angry at me that I was not responding to any medications. He is very forgetful and bounces all over the place during appointments, cutting you off and not finishing answering questions. My final appointment before I moved away was this summer and after already being on 3 different medications to treat my symptoms with my condition worsening. He was an hour late and very snappy. He insisted I go back on prednisone steroids even though they had not worked previously and I had very many bad side effects. When I tried to explain I did not want to take this medication and that it had affected my moods when on it to the point of feeling depressed he cut me off and told me being moody is natural since i'm a women. He wrote me a prescription anyways and stared at me and made me promise to fill it then left the room. When he found out I did not fill it he told me I needed to be a good patient and listen to my doctor. Can be a complete jerk and has a his way or the highway mentality. His staff is wonderful but I think it is time for him to retire as he's gotten worse over the years. Happy to have moved to another city and gotten a new Dr.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I went to see Dr Sylwestrowicz for a 2nd opinion, as the 1st doc didn't do his job. Well, I was thoroughly impressed and amazed by Dr S. He remembered me from months prior, after briefly meeting me prior to my colonoscopy. He had filled in for the gi I was given in hospital, and from the time I met him I wanted him as my doctor. At the appointment he was on time, thoroughly prepared and gave me an hour of his time. He explained what he believed was wrong with me with kindness, compassion and even personal experience as a form of relation. Dr S is a true gem to the medical world, and we are beyond blessed to have him available to us. If you want someone who is going to give you the time of day, listen to your concerns and understand them, be a human being and deliver compassion, at the same time humor, all the while figuring out a solution to your issues and helping along the way then this is the doctor for you. I argued to see him, and had no faith in the gi I had. I'm so grateful I did it, because had I not I would still be lost in the system and undergoing unnecessary testing. Dr s put an immediate stop to it, and figured it out fast. Hats off to you doc! I had heard he was the best from others, including doctors, and it's no joke, he truly is the best in gi!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

I have Crohn's disease. Live in Saskatoon. Everytime I'm in the hospital he makes it a priority of seeing me. Once, twice even 3 Times a day. He is straight up, no bull shit About this guy. It's sad he is retiring from what I heard.. Been my specialist for 4 years now and ya he's a beauty and a half.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

He is truly great. I had issue with rectal bleeding 3 years ago. I was out of the city and called his office. He was surprised that he took the time to talk to and advised me on what to do before i met him. He later performed colonoscopy on me. Fortunately there was nothing serious.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr. Sylwestrowicz has been awesome for my husband and his aggressive Crohn's Disease. He has been nothing but awesome to us! He came to visit my husband in the ER after a request was made by our doctor for him to see my husband as he was in such a big flare up, he was not even on call and consulted with my husband just before 6pm! Beyond the call of duty! He requested lab work and an abdominal CT. He followed up with him a few days later with a booked appointment and went through his old files from a different GI specialist and discussed the CT results and medication suggestions. He listened and understood our concern with some of the higher risk drugs, and the fact that we wanted to hold off on them for multiple reasons. He gave my husband an Rx for Prednisone and instructions to taper it slowly, BUT wanted us to book another follow up with him in 3 months because he didn't think it would work. Two months later, guess what? He was right. He was flaring again. We called their office and they were more than accommodating to fit him in again urgently, and now with a new medication change, things seem to be under control. I truly believe he is an amazing doctor and has the patient's best interest at heart. His staff has always been more than helpful and accommodating. We love the care we are getting from him! Simply the best!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

While visiting this doctor for stomach issues he falsely diagnosed me as depressed and shooed me out the door, I had waited 6 months to see him he gave me 3 mins of his time. He also told me to suffer with the pain for the next tens years because ill die of heart disease anyhow. He gave me a ct scan as well which I wanted to decline due to an allergy with fish and having asthma I reacted badly to the treatment but he had already released me as per he didn't feel the need to monitor me after the ct scan. Luckily we were still in the area and not on our way home which is 2 and a half hours away as I was rushed back into emergency. Based on my experience I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

An amazing genuine straight shooter. Very compassionate, and dedicated.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2013