Ratings for Dr. Alan Rich

Thanks you for taking care of us love you 😘 Take care

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Dr. Rich is practicing medicine in Swan River now. Our Dr left Swan River to go east somewhere. My wife and I had our 1st appointments with Dr Rich and they were pretty well on time and I can understand that he may be delayed by requiring to be at the hospital by some unforeseen emergency. Yes, apparently he has some medical condition that causes him to fall asleep (he didn't during our appointments). He also has some speech impediment which makes him slur his words or lisp and I have hearing problems (I do have hearing aids) and he doesn't look like what my idea of a medical doctor would be. I won't make anymore comments until I hear back from his office about an X-ray and blood/urine tests reveal, however, I have spoken to a number of his patients and everyone seems to think he is an okay MD.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

His compassion, ethics and intention are beyond excellent and remarkable.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

In northern Manitoba, Dr. Rich brought many people into this world. I personally know of many families that would not want any one else to look after their health because he truly cares about us, as individuals as well as his patients On occasion you are kept in the waiting room for a couple of hours, but during my lifetime, I have come to know this only happens when he has been called into the hospital or is tied up in the hospital emergency ward longer than expected. I have a close friend whom would not be alive today if it were not for Dr. Rich diagnosing and treating a life threatening problem missed by another doctor. We all benefit from his knowledge and many years of experience.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I moved to Thompson recently and made an appointment with Dr. Rich. I was on time for my appointment, yet I waited in his lobby for 3 1/2 hours. While waiting, the locals informed me that it's normal business practice for Dr. Rich to make a patient wait 2+ hours before seeing him. My first encounter with him was very unique. The man looks like he fell out of bed, walks around in his socks, smells terrible, mumbles incoherently, and falls asleep randomly. During the visit, he asked me questions I had to ask him to repeat because he didn't speak clearly, and even then he wouldn't repeat the question any clearer. He wasn't friendly at all and had a very negative attitude. Near the end of the visit, he called the pharmacist and asked what they recommended for my ailment. I got the distinct impression the pharmacists in Thompson hold his hand and do his work for him on a regular basis. I'd advise only going to Dr. Rich if there are no other options available.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

Dr. Rich is extremely knowledgeable and experienced. You know this to be immediately true, by the way he is able to zero in and target your problems. He has an astute reputation for his medical knowledge, and in always "getting it right". There is definite comfort in knowing that he has seen it all, that you have been correctly diagnosed, and not having to worry about whether or not you are wasting valuable time. Thanks to Dr. Rich there are many, many people still walking around today whom might not otherwise be alive, had they lost time with anyone less caring than he. You immediately sense his sincerity and know that he is doing all he can in your best interest. Although not quite so tolerant of "scammers", his compassion for ill people is beyond reproach. He exudes optimum responsibility for puting their health care interests first, above all else including his own. He is Manitoba's gift, and always there 24/7, when you need him the most. A true blue doctor with true blue values.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Hi saved my daughters life many years ago and I still am grateful to him good work Doc

flag | Submitted February 22, 2008

Dr. Rich was my doctor when I was a little girl up in Thompson. He had always made sure I was well taken care of, and informed my parents of every detail. Great doctor, I would love to see him again!

flag | Submitted January 22, 2008

Al Rich is the only Canadian Dr. we have in town. He is the only Dr. in town that does house calls. If you have an appt. and the wait it too long and leave he will show up at your house that evening. He is rough around the edges. He has dedicated his life to the people of the North. We are in debt to him for this committment. To bad mouth him tells alot about that type of person. If you have something negative to say about him, do it privately, not in a public form; that is gutless!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2007

Are you interested in appearance or quality medical care. I have a number of serious medical issues. Dr. Rich has been very capable with most of my issues and when in doubt he does not hesitate to send me to a specialist. I am very pleased with the health care I receive from Dr. Rich.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2007