You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Christopher D. Kager

extremely rude and arrogant. not even in his office 8 minutes. formed an opinion from the first few sentences I said before even looking at my mri or my paperwork. would not recommend him to anyone. needs to learn people skills.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

Dr Kager is amazing. Very efficient in all he does. He does not waste time but I find that to be a benefit as long as he does a good job….and I can not imagine any dr. doing a better job. I went to Neuroscience and spine asso. because of a recommendation from my family physician. If I ever have surgery again in my spine I will go there if at all possible. The staff is also phenomenal…..kind beyond what is required from any staff.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr. Kager's confidence and compassion are top notch. I always feel that he has time for me and that I am part of the treatment team, not just a patient. The office staff at LNSA is also a well-oiled support team, and they are always helpful and kind.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

The entire staff at LNSA was friendly, supportive, knowledgeable, and professional. Dr. Kager was highly recommended to me by a friend and I am so happy that I took her advice! The surgery was performed without a hitch and one month later I am pain free! I was impressed with Dr. Kager's willingness to answer any questions with patience and in "layman's" terms. I have already recommended him to another friend who is having back problems and I am confident he will have the same positive results! Thank you Dr. Kager!!!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Dr. Kager does not have very good bedside manners. He's arrogant and condescending but he probably doesn't care. With that being said he's an excellent surgeon who put me back at 100%. His surgical skills and medical knowledge of lower back injuries are outstanding.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

The office staff was exceptional, extremely polite and provided excellent customer service. Dr. Kager took the time to make sure I understood what was causing my pain, and the options that I had other than surgery. I felt confident making the decision that I did regarding surgery.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2015

I am two weeks post op for a spinal fusion at L4-L5 & L5-S1 and I highly recomend Dr.Kage.My progress after surgery is almost ununknown ti be recoverung as well as I am.He is a fantastic doctor and surgeon and not quick to put you under the knife unless necessary.Thank you for helping me thru the worst pain ever experienced Dr.Kager!I am pleased to have you as my spinr doctor!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2015

Rude, degrading, blatant bias against Workmen's Compensation clients.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

Very rude and degrading towards me. I do not recommend anyone to Dr. Kager

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Dr. Christopher D. Kager's response
Obviously, we don't please every patient every time with what we find or options we may have for them. But, we never are deliberately 'rude and degrading'! We enjoy our patients and take pride in offering personalized, humanistic care. I am always happy to discuss things with an unhappy patient.

Submitted June 14, 2015

I went to dr. Kager after finding out that my disk between l4 and l5, I had a central herniated disk with a slight forward buldge and it also has a small tear and is leaking a lil disk fluid, then my l5- s1 That disk has a central buldge with also a slight forward buldge. Now granted im 24 years old and the first time I seen him he seen me no longer then 5 minutes. The fist thing he did was look at me then look at my file, he did that about three times and then said" your only 23" at that time I was only 23. He then had me walk back and forth and said ok now try to squat, which I couldn't really do cause of how much pain im in, he then points out what all is wrong with my back, which he never told me what was fully wrong with my back I learned the rest from my other docs what he wrote in my report, now after he pointed out what was wronn with my back he said that seurgrys not an option for me and that I can return back to work but not to play pro football, now I'm a construction worker and run heavy equipment and get bounced around alot every day well I told him what I did for a living and he didn't even care he didn't even want to send me to physical therapy. I went to his physical therapist and she stops me at my 6th time of going cause it was only making thigs worse and my back wasn't getting any better so I went to get a second opion, which my doc sent me to doc Roberts who is in the same building as kager. Doc Roberts was great, we did the injections in my back which did not work, Roberts didn't even want to do any more injections after the the first one cause it didn't work at all and only made me worse. So doc Roberts said next step for me was surgery and that he can't leave me like I am cause I cant even have a normal life cause of my back. So we set up an appointment with kager. So I go to the appointment thinking you know i been through all the steps everyone I talk so says surgery is the next step. So I'm sitting in kagers room and he comes in dosent ask how I'm doing or anything he sits down and says hes not going to operate on my cause he don't feel like I need seurgry but sees I'm is such pain and that he's between a rock and a hard place but he dosent want to touch me cause he might make me worse. I tell him I can't function, I tell him my back hurts my leg goes numb I'm in pain I cant sleep and all he says is i dont know what to do for you. I'm very upset how he just brushed me off . It felt to me that he just looked at my age and did t look at me as a patient

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr. Christopher D. Kager's response
Justin, I followed up with you by phone, but I felt compelled to answer your issues online. First, I must honestly say that I do not know if there is any surgical 'solution' for your problem, and perhaps I could have communicated that better. For that I am sorry. Secondly, I did suggest getting your spine in better shape and your weight is a big factor here. Third, we are more than happy to set up a 2nd opinion at an academic medical center for their opinion as well. Of course we want our patients to be happy and to do well, but surgery is not always an option. Again, I am sorry with how you felt all of this was communicated, and we will always strive to do better. Chris Kager, MD

Submitted November 3, 2014

Dr. Christopher D. Kager's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Practicing in Lancaster, PA since 2001. Lancaster NeuroScience and Spine Associates

• English
  • Spanish

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1994)

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "extremely rude and arrogant. not even in his office 8 minutes. formed an opinion from the first few sentences I said before even looking at my mri or my paperw..."

February 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Kager is amazing. Very efficient in all he does. He does not waste time but I find that to be a benefit as long as he does a good job….and I can not imagine ..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kager's confidence and compassion are top notch. I always feel that he has time for me and that I am part of the treatment team, not just a patient. The off..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The entire staff at LNSA was friendly, supportive, knowledgeable, and professional. Dr. Kager was highly recommended to me by a friend and I am so happy that I..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kager does not have very good bedside manners. He's arrogant and condescending but he probably doesn't care. With that being said he's an excellent surgeon ..."

December 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The office staff was exceptional, extremely polite and provided excellent customer service. Dr. Kager took the time to make sure I understood what was causing m..."

December 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I am two weeks post op for a spinal fusion at L4-L5 & L5-S1 and I highly recomend Dr.Kage.My progress after surgery is almost ununknown ti be recoverung as well..."

November 28, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Rude, degrading, blatant bias against Workmen's Compensation clients."

August 2, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Very rude and degrading towards me. I do not recommend anyone to Dr. Kager"

May 15, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I went to dr. Kager after finding out that my disk between l4 and l5, I had a central herniated disk with a slight forward buldge and it also has a small tear a..."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "From beginning until my follow up visit the care given me was exceptional. Dr. Kager is serious about caring for his patients and giving us his all."

October 10, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Kager, Is so caring and helpful before you have your surgery, but after forget it. I think he takes it personal when you still have pain after the surgery ..."

September 17, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=438638'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

March 3, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=438638'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.6

February 26, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=438638'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014