Ratings for Dr. Walter Y. Chi

Best experience ever with a Doctor. Prior to him I had seen others not as good.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

very inexperienced doctor. the nurses are excellent though. one came in to test my heart, and made sure i was comfortable. talked to me the whole time. then dr chi came in and thought i had a urinary tract infection? i checked that i had a sore throat on the paper work. he put me on amoxicillin and didn't warn me that it makes it so that my birth control pills don't work. he clearly knew i was on them because i asked to change to a different brand. Also had difficulty getting a note to excuse me from work. they told me that they could only excuse me from that day. i had strep throat and couldn't go back today. therefore i needed a note, so that took another thirty minutes to try to get. he also told me that he couldn't tell me the cost of the prescription or if it was covered by my insurance. all of my past doctors would make sure its not like a $100 prescription or anything. this will be my last trip to this doctors office.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Dr. Chi is a competent and businesslike physician. He knows his craft and does his job well, although his interpersonal skills could do with some improvement. It may be that his practice requires him to enter everything on a computer, so he's forced to peck at the keyboard and look at the screen more than the patient. Nevertheless, I would definitely continue to use his services.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Walter Y. Chi's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1996)

AHC