Ratings for Dr. Rodger H. Elofson

I have been seeing Dr. Elofson since I was an infant. He was my pediatrician until I made 18. If he could be my primary care physician now, I would be a happy camper.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I do not usually write reviews like this, but Dr. Elofson certainly deserves this review. Dr. E has been my four children's pediatrician for the past 16 years. When I moved to BR, he was very highly recommended to me. He has always been prompt and attentive to all of my children's needs. He is very patient and answers all of my questions and concerns thoroughly. He does not hesitate to spend extra time with his patients. It is obvious that he chose the right specialty and truly loves what he does. A few years ago, one of my children was hospitalized. Not only did he quickly recognize and diagnose the problem, but he took extra care and time to check in on us throughout her illness. He offers great advice and insight on parenting children of all ages from both a personal and professional perspective. I hope to recommend him to others because I am so thankful someone did so for me in the past.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Dr. Elofson was recommended by a family member when i moved to Baton Rouge. He misdiagnosed my child due to his lack of attention to details. He saw my 18 month old child who was running a high fever and breathing fast. He diagnosed my son with a "sinus infection" after spending approximately three minutes with us. Approximately four hours later, as the symptoms of the "sinus infection" got worse, I took my child to the emergency room where he was admitted with a diagnosis of pneumonia. The next morning he showed up at the hospital jovial and happy as could be. Thank goodness for the ER doctor making the correct call. Dr. Elofson misdiagnosed my family member's child in a similar way resulting in a hospital visit for that child as well. Needless to say, he is no longer our pediatrician

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Has been my doctor since I was a baby, and I'm 17; I'll continue to see him until he won't take me anymore. A lot of these reviews say that he's often rushed, but I've never felt that way. He always takes a few minutes to talk to me about school and college. He's even recommended a few good books to me, as well as insightful medical advice.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

I always feel as if Dr. Elofson is rushing me out of the door. He pressures you vaccinate your child, refuses to discuss alternative theories on vaccines and called any pediatrician in favor of delaying or skipping vax "dumb". He seems like a nice enough guy, but I doubt we'll be staying with him. I seek a pediatrician that I know will listen to me and not just blow off my concerns for my child's health because I don't have a medical degree. I am a seasoned mother and I know my child.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

While Dr. Elofson is a very nice person. He completely ingored our concerns my daughters condition for a few years. Had to do my own research via internet and ask him for a referal on my own. Now that we have a diagnosis and treatment she is much better. Another time we had concerns he told us they dont diagnose that condition anymore, while other doctors have told us otherwise. He is great for colds, virus, strep, but if you have anything more serious, go elswhere.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Dr. Elofson has been my 6 month old's doc since birth. He is an excellent doctor, very thorough and always patiently answers my "new mom" questions.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2008

Dr. Elofson has been our pediatrician for 3 1/2 years. He's very high energy and sometimes I feel like he's in a rush -- but honestly I think that's just his personality. If you have questions he answers them. If there's a problem he tries to fix it. He doesn't over prescribe medications, either.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007

He's been my doctor my whole life and I'll continue to see him till I'm old and grey.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2007

He is a wonderful doctor. I would recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

Dr. Rodger H. Elofson's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1985)

Workers Comp