Ratings for Dr. Walter J. Cook

Excellent doctor! Top notch. Answered all my questions in a quickly and timely manor.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

Great bedside manner. Very knowledgeable. Kids love him!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

Took lots of time with my child and answered all our questions.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2014

Took the time to answer all my questions and has a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2014

Dr. Cook has the best bedside manor of any Pediatrician we have ever seen. He took the time to answer all my questions about my daughter and was able to figure out what was wrong. I would 100% recommend him to anyone looking for a great doctor!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2014

I just returned from my child's 9m checkup. The only question I had was how/when to introduce solid foods. The nurse told me that would be covered in the visit. At Mayo you are first seen by a resident and afterwards a physician stops in to review. The resident was uncomfortable answering my question about feeding because my daughter only had four teeth. She wanted Dr. Cook to answer. OK, no big deal. When Dr. Cook came in all he did was make faces at my daughter. He spoke quickly about "too many carrots", no developmental issues, and for feeding "babies are messy, have fun". That was it. It was obvious he didn't want to spend more than a few minutes and his time with us was just a formality. So, the resident wasn't certain how to answer and all I got from the doctor was "babies are messy, have fun". Guess how this makes me feel? I left feeling like I wasted my time and money.

Submitted August 30, 2012

Dr. Walter J. Cook's Credentials

• University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)