Ratings for Dr. Stephen Grass

Please see previous comment I left about getting a flu shot from him. So I went to the ER as health links suggested and to be quite honest I was super worried at the red circle (3” in diameter) and how painful the area was. After waiting a surprising 1.5 hours I was told by the doctor who actually looked at the injection site and touched the area (I was shocked as Grass never does any of that) I was informed that the flu shot was injected several inches too high and it directly entered my blood stream instead of my muscle/tissue. It’s now 4 days later I still have a mark and the pain to go with it. Needless to say the ER doctor wasn’t impressed about any of it he was grossed out about not sterilizing my arm as well. Not worth the time, pain or hassle to see Grass. I really wish I could rate him a zero for helpfulness.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2018

I’ve been his patient for years. He has gone WAY downhill with his treatments of both medical and bedside manor. He walked into the room today I said Hello; he asks me if my dog died because ‘I looked sad and tired.’ Who says that? He also falsely claimed I told him to do blood tests for made up things. Wouldn’t look at my knee which is what was sore (since I was in a car accident over two years ago) just told me to ice it even though I’ve been icing it for months. He advised me I was icing it ‘the wrong way’ even though I’ve been doing it that way from the beginning. He said to go back in 3-4 days if the pain persists.... he is only in it for the money. I say the phrase ‘I’m going crazy’ quite often, but everyone and I mean everyone knows I mean frustrated Dr. Grass advised he could give me medication for that. I asked ‘like what an anti-psychotic?’ He said not that to start off with. Perhaps if he took longer than 5 minutes with me (I’m scheduled for 10 minutes like everyone else in the clinic) he would realize how sick I actually am instead of trying to treat the first layer and thinking it’s all fixed. To top it all off he didn’t sterilize my arm before giving me the flu shot (I figured he would enjoy stabbing me with a needle from the way he treats me) I now have an infection at the injection site and have to go to the ER becuase Health Links isn’t impressed. Needless to say if you want lot to take lots of meds (that don’t help) he’s the pill pusher for you! I must say though I do praise his consistency late every single time. Andrea though is amazing! Though I can feel her starting to hate me because he tells her about me. What happened to doctor patient confidentiality???

flag | Submitted October 6, 2018

Honestly, he is the worst doktor ever. He doesnt care about his patients. He was chiropractor before and he is in the wrong profession. He probably wrote his good ratings himself. He shouldnt be practicing. He is no help. Poor skills. Anyone can print out and refer patients. He is clueless

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

I've been seeing Dr Grass for over a decade. Been repeating my symptoms to him for this entire time. It is pretty frustrating to interact with at times. I appreciate his willingness to forward one to a specialist, his method of determining whether one is need is tiring. I get that he wants to make sure it's warranted but a better communication system would help. Active listening skills he needs improvement on. You'll find yourself repeating times and dates quite often. He is not interested in listen to patient experience, only symptoms.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

I've been going to Dr Grass for sometime now and I can't imagine seeing another doctor. He is always on time, very friendly, and will refer you to someone right away if he thinks it is something worth checking out. He is always very kind and compassionate. He keeps to a tight schedule so that he doesn't end up behind, but I have never felt rushed or unheard. His front desk girl, Andrea, is absolutely wonderful. She has excellent telephone manners and is great to deal with in person. This is the best office I have been to.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Dr. Grass has been my doctor for almost 10 years, he has sorted out issues other doctors medicated with pills. His staff is great and if I have an issue and need to see him right away they make time for me.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Staff is Great. Always on time. His medical knowledge is decent but he is not very thorough. He barely checks you out in a routine physical and sends you for blood and urine. He keeps to a strict 10 minutes per patient schedule which makes him punctual but you often feel rushed and it generally takes the first 5 mins for him to look you up on his computer and read the notes from previous visit. If he switched to 2-3 patients per hour and took some time to ask some questions and dig into the problems he would be much more efective as his medical knowledge is pretty good if you ever get the chance to hear it. Very willing to make referrals to specialists which is nice.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

After seeing Dr. Grass for nearly 3 years, and thinking what a great Dr., I picked up all the papers I had brought that were on the desk and walked out of the office. Dr. Grass was attempting to hold my prescriptions for my medications over my head until I had taking a blood test, not for him but for another Doctor, Who had no idea this was going on. There's been something seriously wrong in the situation for a while now, I noticed a change when his hours changed ending at 3 o'clock.For someone who calls himself such a great doctor I'm afraid that's change quite a bit. I have been referred to more specialists in the period of time that I've seen Dr. Grass then my whole life, I cannot remember the last time he had taken my blood pressure, he's never checked any part of me physically before sending me to a specialist. He also unfortunately missed reading a blood test on my thyroid which showed I had graves disease, it was almost a year before it was found out and then he tried to tell me it was my fault. I will be suggesting a look into his medication writing and specialist referring. I will try to find a way to keep others updated. I had to leave it was for my mental and physical health. Karolee Batycki

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Unprofessional!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Grass is in the wrong profession. I have been with the Assiniboine Clinic for 32 years and inherited Dr. Grass when Dr. Mould retired. On my last visit I left his office in tears. I began to tell why I was there and he stopped me and asked if I was there for drugs and indicated that he hasn't seen me in a while and suggested that I find another Dr. I explained that I only go to the Dr. when I need to go and I had been healthy up to the visit I had with him. Do do not take drugs and never have. I left his office in tears and confused as to what had just happened. I was already depressed and he added to the problems. I have since found another Dr. and am happy with my new Dr.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017