Ratings for Dr. John N. Flood

Dr. Flood has been an excellent orthopedic doctor/spine surgeon for me and I recommend anyone to his care. On October 11, 2017 he performed a cervical fusion to correct my stenosis. I have total confidence in Dr. Flood and his staff.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

Unless you need surgery you do not matter at all!!

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

My father and I both have been patients of Dr. Flood and are very satisfied with him and his staff. I will update after my next surgery.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

I was made to feel like a criminal. Office staff refused to schedule my son because we missed an appointment 6 months ago. My husband even called at that time to apologize, but no grace was given. I feel humiliated.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Paid by insurance to deny the claim. Very friendly to your face agrees with your injuries. He even asks if your doctor talked about this or that and you should consider it. He after lies to get the cash and says you are fine to try to get your insurance off the hook. If you are told to go to him lawyer up and sue sue sue.

Submitted February 20, 2015

Dr. Flood did back surgery on my husband and it was very successful. After having severe back pain for months, no more pain after surgery. He was able to get an appt quickly and was treated so well. I would highly recommend Dr. Flood.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

I would like to address several of the negative reviews below. I will do so by the date of submission. Feb 7, 2103 was for an insurance examination. Clients, these are not patients as I am only rendering a medical opinion, are told the purpose of the examination and that the results of the report cannot be discussed with them as per guidelines dictated by the insurance carrier, not my office. I would not have told a client anything about their condition at that time. An extensive medical record review of prior treatment is also required which is done after the examination has been completed and the client gone from the office. It would have been impossible for me to render an opinion right after the examination as claimed in the review. July 17, 2014 I reviewed all surgical records and no where was there a case where someone was taken back to surgery for a screw problem. Furthermore, the screws are tested in surgery to prevent the very problem the submitter claims happened. The statement that no conservative treatment was offered is incredulous as ALL of my patients undergo extensive conservative care prior to being considered for surgery. I am sure there is a term for writing ghost reviews and this is one. Jan 8 2014 My fusion patients are followed for approximately one year after their surgery and have at least 6 office visits during that time frame. The submitter indicating he was only seen twice would be untrue, unless he was noncompliant with the postoperative schedule. I think the same can be said for the rest of the submission. Sept 25, 2014 and Nov 18 2014 Insurance examinations: same comment as above insurance exam. I am sure there are patients unhappy with my care but I had to address the above submissions. My office strives to offer the highest quality state of the art care possible. Unfortunately, people are not like cars and everyone responds differently to the same treatment. My goal is to make patients aware of their problem and treatment options and help them decide which option is best for THEM. It does me no good to have patients coming back to the office unhappy.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

If your work sends you here be prepared to argue and fight. He cares for the payee not the patient

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I had back surgery in early 2013. I saw Dr Flood twice afterwards for follow-ups, both times I told him my back still hurts. He didn't want to hear it, even though he was unable to re-align the vertebrae, and told me he was unable to do so to my face after the surgery. So now my back is fused approximatly 25% dis-alignment. Instead of LISTENING TO HIS PATIENT he said he didn't need to see me anymore and that it was just "sore muscles". I've worked construction for almost 10 years, I know what "sore muscles" feel like. Then he lies to the insurance company and cuts off my disability. I lost my job and my insurance over this surgery. Now I'm stuck. If I knew then what I know now......

Submitted January 8, 2014

Dr Flood left me disabled from a fusion.He did not attempt conservative treatment 1st, he nor his staff properly explained the risks. Immediately followg surg I had pain going down my leg, I didn't have before. I was sent home anyway. I nvr saw him in the hosp after surgery. subsequently A test revealed screws were put against the sciatic nerve. Ten days later all hardware was remove on one side. It helped with the pain some but it was unbearable. One yr later, the hardware on the other side had to be removed. I have never been able to go back to work. I've undergone all the conservative treatment I should have had before a surgery should have been.performed. Shortly after the last visit with this dr he had his secretary tell me he would no longer see me. I would have sued but getting recovery in this, type of situation is very difficult. All I can do now is tell ppl to beware. Never have surgery until you explore all conservative treatment, get second opinions.

Submitted July 17, 2013

Dr. John N. Flood's Credentials

• Ohio University Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1984)