Ratings for Dr. Rowland W. Hinds

Fast direct service. He's very personable. Would recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

I have an unusual response to poison ivy. After the initial rash, usually on my shins, I get a secondary reaction on my hands, causing them to swell with weird bumps. Whenever I get a new family doc, I always explain the condition on the first visit, because whenever I get poison ivy, the only way to treat it is with a large stepped prednisone dose. In the past, 80mg has worked well. I got poison ivy. We were going out of town and I called to ask that a script be submitted. They did it, but no one called to say they had submitted it. Strike one. Had to call again and picked it up at the pharmacy in the town we were visiting. It was for 30 mg. Strike two. So I took the pills, hoping 30 mg would be enough. It wasn't. So I called the office and left a message when the bumps on my hands appeared. Office manager called me back and said they couldn't get me in for an appointment until at least Friday (this was Wednesday). I explained that I had injured my hand and I had a cast. I couldn't wait. She checked with the doctor and he said the best they could do was suggest I go to urgent care. Strike three!! You're out! At no time during the initial consultation did Dr. Hinds question my suggestion for this course of treatment. But when I needed him, he was of no help. Could that be because without a visit, he doesn't get paid? Dr. Hinds likes to see his patients 3-4 times per year, more than any other family doctor I've had, which is OK. I'm approaching 50 and it's probably a good thing. But now I'm wondering if it's just a money grab.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

Not professional in responding to patients. Felt like I was being used to collect a fee every few months i.e., blood tests and office visits. Used this physician as a "referral" physician to specialists.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2010

very unprofessional. Awful staff. Doesn't listen to patient. Avoid this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2010

Didn't listen to patient. Office staff was awful. Was in pain for three months, switched docs and was immediately sent for gallbladder surgery. Dr. Hinds told me it was all in my head.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2010

Dr. Rowland W. Hinds's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1995)