Ratings for Dr. Tony Miniacci

Dr. Miniacci performed arthroscopic surgery on my left knee in 1995 @ University Hospital at University of Western Ontario for a torn lateral misicus. I swear, I have not had a single problem with this knee ever since. I remember beginning physical therapy the very next day with almost no discomfort. Thank you Dr. Miniacci!!!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2011

I saw Dr. M after getting a surgery on my ACL, MCL and meniscus. He looked at my charts and leg and said I neded surgery within two weeks. His fellow was worried about the strength in my leg that it may be best to wait, but Dr. M did the surgery and did a 2nd to clean it back out again afterwards (which he explained may happe.) I got my surgery within two weeks which was great because I did hear the OR was booking 18 months. He left for Clevland about 5 months after. I didn't get to go to my post-ops due to SARS outbreak but all has been good. I had to get my staples removed and it cleaned up a bit by a different surgeon. That was mainly due to me being an athlete and not-so-patient I probably pushed it a bit much. All in all one of the best surgeon's around and wish he was still around.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

great surgeon..put me back together using someone else's achilles...looks at the problem and solves it using his own methods...cutting edge....hope he returns to canada....taught his fellows well...thanks tony

flag | Submitted January 15, 2008

I only ever saw him in a clinic setting, so it was hurry up and wait so I can't rate him on the envrionment in which he had to practice. But his knowledge was excellent. We tried a lot of things to avoid surgery. I followed him from London to Toronto Western, he repaired my ACL 15 years ago and then cleaned it up a few years after when my figure skating caused problems. Techniques have changed, I had a patellar graft which was state off the art, but has had its problems and I don't think he does that technique as much. I was not a star athlete and had the usual waiting time because of OR lists, but he welcomed me like I was a star athlete. If I need to have it worked on again, I would seriously consider spending the $$$ and going to Cleveland.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2007

Reconstructed my ACL and I have been greatfor years now.A man who knows his stuff, very kind to me and took the time to listen. He has my utmost respect. Can not find many Doctors like him.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

Dr. Miniacci did shoulder surgery on my 17 year old son. We got a referal in three weeks through our family doctor and the surgery was scheduled four months later - nothing to do with Dr. Miniacci and everything to do with OR booking times at the hospital. The four month wait time was completely appropriate given my son's age and problem. Dr. Miniacci was easy to talk to, reasurred my son that he would be as good as new after rehab (he was!) and spent a great deal of time with us both in his office and post-operativly in the fracture clinic. Yes, he has gone to the Clevland Clinic and it has been a great loss for Toronto Western Hospital and the public. To clarify, my son was simply a Midget A hockey player, who was not going to be making hockey a career. In other words, he was an average Canadian teenager, special only to those who know and love him!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2007

After I was assessed he told me the waiting list for surgery is currently running 18 months. I was told that I would be put on a cancellation list as well. After almost 3 years without anyone calling me with a surgery date and way to many unreturned messages I went elsewhere. I hear he's moved to the US??

flag | Submitted December 10, 2006

That's funny, cause he operated on my knee. Maybe I'm michael jordan and I don't know it. Cool.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2006

This doctor will not give you the time of day. Unless you are Michael Jordan he will not see you. Arrogant for what. I do not know. Left him multiple messages with another doctors reference and was not able to see him. Imagine if he was your doctor....

flag | Submitted December 3, 2006