Ratings for Dr. Stephen R. Gorfine

Dr. Gorfine saved my sons life!!! He is a giant in his field!!! Our family will always be thankful for this great,skilled,caring man.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2015

Dr. Gorfine is a gift to his profession and to the patients under his care. He has earned my gratitude and respect, I am forever indebted.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

Dr. Gorfine has been my surgeon for almost 10 years.I have gone through hell and back with my UC and 14 major operations. If Dr. Gorfine was not my doctor,I don't know how I would have gotten through it all. I am so grateful for him every day. I ask a lot of questions and need to feel in control because IBD makes you lose control constantly. His personality and willingness to do whatever it took to make me comfortable is why I would really never recommend anyone else.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

dr gorfine is the best he saved my sons life and gave him back quality of life also has the best disposition a doctor could have humorous but definitely knows more than any other doctors i have met in this field any thing you pay him will be well worth the care you will receive did restorative proctocolectomy on my son 2008 thank God for this doctor

flag | Submitted March 18, 2012

Dr. Gorfine is the best doctor ever. He is smart, thoughtful and very caring. He will not stop until he solves the problem.I wish every doctor were more like him.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

Dr. Gorfine is professional , patient, knowledgeable and exceptionally caring. This is the template for what a doctor should be.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

Dr. Gorfine is a wonderful doctor. He has superb surgical skills and a very pleasant, very respectful bedside manner. He is well researched as well - definitely knows what he is talking about. He has operated on me several times (I have a life long condition) and I have never had any problems. Also, he only operates when necessary - he actually discouraged me from having a surgery once. He came highly recommended by a well known internist - and all I can say is thank goodness I found him. He also was the only doctor (out of many I had seen) that actually knew what my problem was.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2008

Stephen Gorfine MD is the most gifted, caring, patient, professional and knowledgeable surgeon I know of and, ultimately, experienced. He performed my total colectomy and j-pouch surgery 9 years ago restoring and preserving my quality of life. As painful as this experience was for me, I can't imagine it could have gone any more successfully than it did under Dr. Gorfine's extraordinary care and expertise and that of his group. I am eternally grateful to myself for having done due diligence before undergoing the surgery, for having chosen wisely and for the blessing Dr. Gorfine has been in my life. In my opinion, according to what I know, what I have heard said and what I have read, he is a dedicated and generous contribution to his profession and to the community.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2007

Dr Gorfine did not help me at all. He was too lazy to do the work that was in volved. I suffered for 5 years, until I went in emergency to NYU and Dr Eng, was amazing and helped me. He preformed a 7 hour surgery, He did not understand what Dr. Gorfine did.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2007

Dr. Gorfine performed my colon resection 7 years ago, I have survived cancer because of him. He is a skillful surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2007