Ratings for Dr. Cathy J. Pietrofesa

My husband & I saw Dr. Pietrofesa about 25 years ago regarding what was eventuallyy identified as a drinking problem. After 24 yrs of sobriety, due to Dr. Pietrofesa's expertise & advice our marriage has lasted 55 yrs. If substance abuse is a problem I couldn't recommend a more effective therapist.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

I only saw her once but she seemed to be all about the money and not about the children's safety or well-being. I don't like a therapist who sells herself to the highest bidder or is all about making the most money. If you truly love your kids, I don't recommend that you bring them here. Children need a therapist who truly cares about them and wants to help.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2011

Nightmare experience. Had my daughter to see Dr. Pietrofessa in May 09, daughter didn't like her so we stopped after a few sessions. Wanted to assess if Dr.Pietrofesa thought that my daughter would benefit now that she's a year older and more mature, I assumed a ten to fifteen minute discussion with Dr. Pietrofesa would bring her up to speed on my daughter's current behavior and to see if she thought she could help. Dr. Pietrofesa attempted to charge me $150 for the 'service' of saying whether or not she thought I should bring my daughter in for an appointment. Needless to say, I think I can find a better and more ethical psychiatrist without trying too hard. No doubt you can too.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

Very down to earth, listens well, has good advice. Straight to the point, which I like, no fooling around.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009