Ratings for Dr. Ellis V. Hedaya

My first experience in severe leg pain due to disc problem was horrible w/ Dr. Hadeya and his nurse. Very unsympathetic and very harsh. Did not return calls in a timely manner. Did not discuss & explain findings on X-ray. I felt I could not ask questions w/o being rudely dismissed. I had to ask for assistance in helping to walk. When asked for assistance, the nurse was less than willing at first to help. I had a horrible experience .

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

I went to see Dr. Hedaya at his Peachtree Neurological offices at Emory Midtwon, because as I would drift of to sleep my leg would kick or jerk. Dr. Hedaya sat behind his computer and asked me various questions about my medical history and then did a complete neurological exam. I told me that the leg jerk was called myoclonus and that it is pretty common in alot of people and most people had a benign non-harmful variety of myoclonus. He wanted to do a EEG/VEP(brainwave and visual evoked potenials test) to be sure that it was totally benign. These test rule out a serious problem like seizures or MS. I called a few days later for the test results, the front desk connected me to who I figured would be the nurse, but Dr. Hedaya quickly answered the phone and told me that everything looked good on the tests and that I did not need to worry about the leg jerks that happen from time to time. Very intelligent and went to some of the finest medical schools. Highly recommended!!

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012

This doctor is one of the most caring, personal physicians I've ever encountered. My daughter has cerebral palsy and we've had the pleasure of being attended by Dr. Hedeya for about 5 years. He completes all his examinations personally (not by staff). His nurse is trustworthy and knowledgeable about each patient. Whenever you call his office and talk to his nurse, he will always return your phone call personally. He is supportive of his patients in every way. He cares about his patients wholly, not just neurologically. I would highly, highly recommend this doctor to anyone who needs this speciality. Not only is he respected by his patients, but his peers think highly of him too. Whenever we tell someone he is our doctor, they are impressed and know that we have been well taken care of. I can't say enough about this competent, caring, outstanding physician!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2008

He is a very caring Physician who takes more unrushed one on one time with me than any other Doctor I have ever had. He does all his own examinations and updates on symptoms as oppossed to having staff do it...he does everything personally. When I have a problem between visits, he returns my calls himself promptly...I know he is there for me when I need him. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend him to anyone needing a specialist in Neurology. I am not easy with good comments, as I am 26 and have a pretty severe case of Multiple Sclerosis. Dr Hedaya is an excellent Physician and a good caring man.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2008

He spends as much time as he needs to with you. I've been seeing him for 16 yrs;and he's done his best get me better controlled or controlled by even sending me to specialist. He always returns my calls but not always when he's at his other office and doesn't when he's out of own. I'd resommend him for anyone is why I rated him the way I did.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2006

Dr. Ellis V. Hedaya's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)