Ratings for Dr. Shumin Zhao

I've been seeing her for about 2 years (due to lack of options) for my bipolar disorder, anxiety, and ADD and I'm in the process of switching because I'm so UNHAPPY with her. I don't know if she just doesn't like me, but she's really mean to me. My appointments literally last 5 minutes and she gets extremely angry when I ask her to make adjustments to my medications. I've gotten in arguments with her on multiple occasions where she refuses to consider my perspective and flat out refuses all reason. Yes, she may be knowledgeable in the technical sense, but she completely lacks empathy and compassion. My mental health has been very unstable over the past few years and instead of helping me, she adds to my stress and anxiety by getting mad at me and refusing to help me when I'm desperately struggling to cope with depression. She once told me "I'm not a magician" when I begged her to try a different medication. She's rude, unreasonable, and in my opinion, her actions border on malpractice.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Dr. Shumin Zhao's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)