Ratings for Dr. Vincent Woo

Operates as a production line. Seen him for over 20 years. Receptionist is aweful...so unfriendly. Besides revieing lab work has no conversation and no time to talk about any issues. Living with T1D really requires health care experts who care and have time to support you with the disease. If you are having issues then you need need to wait months to get an appointment on top of your regular appointment to get the typical 3 minutes of his time. Go do your research and stop being a bad doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2018

I was sent to my family doctor to see Dr Vincent Woo. He is very busy but the good Drs are always Busy. He tries to meet with all his patients and does most of the exam himself. Yes he comes in and out of the room quickly but let me tell you that there is no one else I would go to. I trust him with my life. He cares about me and will take extra time if he see something wrong or if I ask questions

flag | Submitted April 2, 2018

Does not spend much time with a patient. If the technology doesn't work will not use the hands on methods.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Woo rushes through your appointment with him in a matter of minutes. He races from one patient to another making it clear he doesn't intend to spend much time with you and making you feel like you are on an assembly line. Cold personality. He doesn't create an atmosphere of wanting to discuss amything with you - just re wrties a prescription and rushes out; almost no discussion at all. After outting up with this for several years I finally changed doctors.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

I was really dissapointed in my experience with this doctor, going in there not knowing anything about diabetes I was hoping for more information on my diagnosis, left with a prescription after a 2 minute appointment. It was short, I didn't feel my questions were answered, had no interest in what I had to say...just rushed out the door. Agree with many on here needs to work on his people skills, not very receptive to questions on information and on elaboration of diagnosis...

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Woo's for just over 2 years now. I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario, but see Dr. Woo because my endocrinologist in Thunder Bay had been refusing to give me an insulin pump. Rather than mess with my health by staying on injections longer (I've had diabetes for 13 years this month), I decided to see what my options were out-of-province and Dr. Woo was the chosen one. I love going to see him. I only see him, at the most, 2 times a year, but those visits are always the best of my whole year. He always has lots of advice to give me and tips on how to make managing this fickle disease better. He is a gem and I would never give him up!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

Woo prescribes medicines rather than informing us what's happening in the body. Eg, Doc what are you prescribing this medicine? Doc says because your body needs this. Any side effects? That we need to wait and find out. Am I a specimen to test the medicine? I don't know. I changing my Endocrinilogist.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Does not offer a lot of info...you need to probe. Knowledgeable but does not seem to be a whole person doctor.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

He has stopped caring. Doesn't even read patients charts. Forgets what he has told patients what to do about medication. Time to retire.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

After having him as my doctor for over 7 years I finally decided to change doctors. Basically, I dreaded going for my appointment. He seems to be a good researcher but not so good with people, rushing in and out. One of my pet peeves was that he just kept on adding medications to the list. When I asked him if I could stop one type of medication after beginning another he said, no, I would never remove medications, just add on. I can't accept this. I was on 4 medications and I was under 45 years old.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016