Ratings for Dr. Vincent Woo

I have been a patient of Dr. Woo's for just over 2 years now. I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario, but see Dr. Woo because my endocrinologist in Thunder Bay had been refusing to give me an insulin pump. Rather than mess with my health by staying on injections longer (I've had diabetes for 13 years this month), I decided to see what my options were out-of-province and Dr. Woo was the chosen one. I love going to see him. I only see him, at the most, 2 times a year, but those visits are always the best of my whole year. He always has lots of advice to give me and tips on how to make managing this fickle disease better. He is a gem and I would never give him up!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2016

Woo prescribes medicines rather than informing us what's happening in the body. Eg, Doc what are you prescribing this medicine? Doc says because your body needs this. Any side effects? That we need to wait and find out. Am I a specimen to test the medicine? I don't know. I changing my Endocrinilogist.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

Does not offer a lot of info...you need to probe. Knowledgeable but does not seem to be a whole person doctor.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

He has stopped caring. Doesn't even read patients charts. Forgets what he has told patients what to do about medication. Time to retire.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

After having him as my doctor for over 7 years I finally decided to change doctors. Basically, I dreaded going for my appointment. He seems to be a good researcher but not so good with people, rushing in and out. One of my pet peeves was that he just kept on adding medications to the list. When I asked him if I could stop one type of medication after beginning another he said, no, I would never remove medications, just add on. I can't accept this. I was on 4 medications and I was under 45 years old.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Woo for the past 8 years for my Type II diabetes. He's very knowledgable and concerned for his patient's health and well being.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

I feel very comfortable with this doctor and he has been very helpful in helping me handle my diabetes

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

A good and patient Doctor, laid back and understanding.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I do believe that Doctor Woo is a brilliant medical researcher. He is, I understand, well-informed about Diabetes and Thyroid issues. Sadly, none of this important knowledge is shared with his patients. The other rates are right; no time to talk, no eye contact, bristles at any qualifying question (seems to assault his enormous ego), only interested in unusual cases and/ pregnancies and/or patients who will go on a research study. He zips in and out, very ADHD'ish. Think he should stick with research and stop seeing human being. But then I guess his $$ count too much for him to do that. It is a great pity that one so blessed by intellect and learning does little to help those who would benefit from his wisdom and encouragement.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Woo for 25 years and have noticed a steady decline in the time and interest he gives to his patients. Each appointment is rushed and unproductive. I was having trouble controlling my blood sugar levels and needed help on what I was doing wrong and what I could do better. I had documented my results, carbs and insulin intake for a two week period and brought it to an appointment. He refused to look at my information or offer any help or suggestions. He told me "you're going to have to work at it" and walked out of the room. If that isn't his role as a diabetes specialist, you would think he would have referred me to someone else to help me. I have since found a diabetes educator who really cares, is well educated and is great at helping me with any issues that I may have. I have never had issues with the staff or Dr Woo's punctuality, but rated them low as I felt his lack of helpfulness and unwillingness to share his knowledge override the positives on this review.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015