You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Vincent Woo

After having him as my doctor for over 7 years I finally decided to change doctors. Basically, I dreaded going for my appointment. He seems to be a good researcher but not so good with people, rushing in and out. One of my pet peeves was that he just kept on adding medications to the list. When I asked him if I could stop one type of medication after beginning another he said, no, I would never remove medications, just add on. I can't accept this. I was on 4 medications and I was under 45 years old.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

A good and patient Doctor, laid back and understanding.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

I do believe that Doctor Woo is a brilliant medical researcher. He is, I understand, well-informed about Diabetes and Thyroid issues. Sadly, none of this important knowledge is shared with his patients. The other rates are right; no time to talk, no eye contact, bristles at any qualifying question (seems to assault his enormous ego), only interested in unusual cases and/ pregnancies and/or patients who will go on a research study. He zips in and out, very ADHD'ish. Think he should stick with research and stop seeing human being. But then I guess his $$ count too much for him to do that. It is a great pity that one so blessed by intellect and learning does little to help those who would benefit from his wisdom and encouragement.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Woo for 25 years and have noticed a steady decline in the time and interest he gives to his patients. Each appointment is rushed and unproductive. I was having trouble controlling my blood sugar levels and needed help on what I was doing wrong and what I could do better. I had documented my results, carbs and insulin intake for a two week period and brought it to an appointment. He refused to look at my information or offer any help or suggestions. He told me "you're going to have to work at it" and walked out of the room. If that isn't his role as a diabetes specialist, you would think he would have referred me to someone else to help me. I have since found a diabetes educator who really cares, is well educated and is great at helping me with any issues that I may have. I have never had issues with the staff or Dr Woo's punctuality, but rated them low as I felt his lack of helpfulness and unwillingness to share his knowledge override the positives on this review.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

Had to switch Endocrinologists. I told him I wasn't feeling good, fatigued, loss of energy etc. He sent me for a CT Scan of my head which was normal. Told me there was nothing more he could do for me and walked out of the room. My family doctor sent me for an MRI and this test came back positive for a Pituitary Macroadenoma. Dr. Woo ordered the wrong test. Should have known better. Lost half my pituitary gland and now on several hormone replacement therapies. If diagnosed earlier might not lost as much of this gland as I did. Also wanted to keep me on Avandia after suffering a heart attack. Avandia linked to MI's so went off it myself. New specialist is fantastic!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

best md in winnipeg for diabetes and won an award as well

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

He was very rude and not helpful. Complete waste of time, I went to see him for my thyroid problem and let me tell you he isn't knowledgeable at all! I went against what he was saying about my lab results and corrected him he was not impressed and left shortly after. If you are struggling and these"'doctors" aren't helping go see a naturopath.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Dr. Vincent Woo's Credentials

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "After having him as my doctor for over 7 years I finally decided to change doctors. Basically, I dreaded going for my appointment. He seems to be a good researc..."

May 29, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Woo for the past 8 years for my Type II diabetes. He's very knowledgable and concerned for his patient's health and well being."

May 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel very comfortable with this doctor and he has been very helpful in helping me handle my diabetes"

January 5, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "A good and patient Doctor, laid back and understanding."

November 5, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I do believe that Doctor Woo is a brilliant medical researcher. He is, I understand, well-informed about Diabetes and Thyroid issues. Sadly, none of this import..."

October 7, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr Woo for 25 years and have noticed a steady decline in the time and interest he gives to his patients. Each appointment is rushed and unpr..."

April 1, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Had to switch Endocrinologists. I told him I wasn't feeling good, fatigued, loss of energy etc. He sent me for a CT Scan of my head which was normal. Told me t..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Like the previous people stated he was extremely rude and not knowledgeable. "Jackass" is the perfect word to describe him."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "best md in winnipeg for diabetes and won an award as well"

February 3, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He was very rude and not helpful. Complete waste of time, I went to see him for my thyroid problem and let me tell you he isn't knowledgeable at all! I went aga..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This guy is a jackass. All the comments of rudeness, uncaring, poor diagnostics & advice I find accurate after many, many years of going to him on referral. A ..."

December 6, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "He tried desperately to give my parent an operation he didn't need. His attitude was disgusting and rude."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am leaving these comments eight years after I saw Dr. Woo only because I see he has won some sort of award for diabetes and it reminded me of my terrible expe..."

October 21, 2014