Ratings for Dr. Rod J. Rohrich

I recently had my rhinoplasty surgery performed by Dr. Rohrich. I disliked my nose for several years; however, I was extremely hesitant to go through with surgery. My sister got a nose job in high school from a different surgeon and had a bad experience- very painful recovery and the results were not as good as she was expecting. I did not have an extremely offensive nose to begin with-- pretty symmetrical, just prominent with a very tiny hump. My desire was to bring my nose in closer to my face while avoiding a scooped out look...basically reduce the projection. This actually made me more nervous, because I often feel like patients with a huge hump or some other offensive nasal feature are more pleased with the results, as there is a big difference in before and after. I was worried I would not see a significant change, or even worse, I would end up with a scooped out, turned up nose! In short, I put the surgery off for many years for all of these reasons. This past year I finally mustered the courage to start consulting with surgeons. I consulted with two other surgeons in addition to Dr. Rohrich. I actually had surgery scheduled with another surgeon but backed out upon finding some sketchy reviews. I had a great consult with Dr. Rohrich. He is extremely personable unlike many surgeons and made me feel confident in his abilities. While there are surgeons who actually do imaging with you, Dr. Rohrich looks at your pictures after your consult and emails you an altered picture depicting what the results of surgery should resemble. I actually prefer this because I think its important for rhinoplasty patients to remember you cannot craft a perfect nose with imaging and expect that to be your result. While you certainly should express what you want, you also must be able to trust the artistic abilities of your surgeon. It is ultimately up to the surgeon to do what he knows how to do. Concerning the actual surgery/recovery experience, I was expecting so much worse based off of my sister's experience. I had never had surgery before so I was pretty nervous to be put under, but the anesthesiologist was great and I ended up having the best nap of my life haha. I woke up feeling like I was just congested, no pain at all. Honestly the most uncomfortable part was my dry throat. I experienced very minimal pain the week following surgery, mostly just a tight, congested feeling. Bruising was the worst the second-third day. I am less than two weeks out from surgery, and I look and feel great. I am so pleased with the results and the swelling hasn't even gone down completely. My nose is not scooped out or turned up, yet he was able to make a bigger change than I was expecting. I cannot wait to see the final result when all of the swelling subsides. Overall, this has been a great experience, and I am glad I had this procedure done with Dr. Rohrich. He is expensive, but he is worth it. If you're having cosmetic surgery, especially on your face, spend the money and get it done right.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr. Rohrich and his staff truly are the best you could ask for. He performed rhinoplsty on me and I am beyond pleased with the results. Plastic surgery is an art and he definitely is an artist...best in the field.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Dr. Rohrich is absolutely the best plastic surgeon. He took a completely destroyed nose and made it perfect. He is truly a Master.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon (I truly think he is the best) for my rhinoplasty and scar revision. I had consultations with other surgeons in the Dallas area, but I went with my gut and scheduled my surgeries with Dr. Rohrich. And I am so glad I did. The trust that was established during that first meeting was never broken. He said what he was going to do and then did what he said - as did his staff. The results are better than I had hoped for - my new nose suits me. I am in awe. He is an artist/surgeon!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I fell on my face 2 times in my life, one of which broke my front two teeth and I believe that trauma is what caused my nose to become crooked. My septum was extremely deviated, and the tip of my nose was pushed in, almost causing the tip to look cut off. Getting a rhinoplasty was an extremely hard decision for me because I honestly really liked how I looked from the front, but whenever I turned to the side (in particular my right side which was the crooked side) I felt like it wasn’t even me. That being said, this surgery was so important to me, and something that would really impact my life. I made a consultation with Dr.Rohrich after reading a bunch of his reviews online. From the minute I stepped in I knew I wanted him to do my rhinoplasty. There were so many things Dr.Rohrich had to fix in my nose and you wouldn’t even be able to tell that I had surgery. My nose looks like it was supposed to look this way from birth. I feel like my words don’t do justice to all the work that was done at all, I just have to say that if you’re looking for a surgeon you should stop looking because the best decision you could make would be to go with Dr.Rohrich. You can 100% put all of your faith in him and put your worries away because he is an expert and a truly gifted man.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Rohrich is truly a gifted surgeon. Best thete is!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I have been coming to Dr. Rohrich for a few years to receive cosmetic treatments. After i completed my research of the top plastic surgeons in the Dallas area, Dr. Rohrich always rose to the forefront. I have been totally satisfied by his knowledge, his treatment and his personable communication skills. I highly recommend Dr. Rohrich.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Rohrich and his staff for my abdominoplasty.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

I have had 4 procedures from Dr. Rohrich over the past 15 years. He was absolutely amazing and changed my life. His beside manner and knowledge is invaluable!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Dr. Rohrich is extremely knowledgeable and professional. If you're looking for the best doctor, look no further. The whole office made me feel like at home from the very begginning. The whole process was less stressful than i anticipated because of his professional and caring staff.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2017

Dr. Rod J. Rohrich's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

• BCBS Illinois