Ratings for Dr. Rama D. Rao

I would not EVER GO BACK to her she gave me a injection in my neck the first time I went in.. It did not help the next day I was in horrible pain but I went for a EMG on a friday morning he couldnt give me any thing cause I was seeing her so when I got home I called there & she was out of the country 2 fridays in a row she was out of the country and couldnt get anything..plus I have COPD and there is no way to breath when your face down on the bed even with her stupid little pillow them she was yelling at me cause I couldnt breath like she was scolding a child & did not care I couldnt breath..I will not ever go back to her shes very rude & my bad health is not gonna line her pockets so she can leave the country

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

She should not be allowed to be in the medical profession. She is so rude an treats u like u are dirt beneath her feet. She tells u that everything your other doctors told u is a lie an her injections solve everything. You can't understand her an she gets mad at u if u ask her to repeat it. I just couldn't believe how rude an unfeeling this woman is.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

This woman should not be practicing! I have a lung disorder and have been on oxygen for several years. She had me lay on my stomach the whole time during this so called pain management. I began to couch and started having spasms in my neck and back. during this visit all she could say is " I don't know" " I've never treated any one with oxygen" in my opinion if you don't know then don't do it. I strongly recommend you go any where but to her, unless you have the urge to see some one who thinks she is God and better than any other doctor out there.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Very disrespectful from the time she opened her mouth. She ask questions and when I go to answer she would say she didn't have time for that. She was disrespecting my old pain management Dr. saying he didn't know what he was doing and didn't know how to treat pain. She told me I had to go dry out and start over with her. She told me she wasn't going to give me any pain meds at all or wing me down. I told her I had records with me and she jumped in my shot saying I already know what your taking and she didn't need to see them. Then she said she would need to know what was going on in my body so she could treat me with shots. I told here my records were all my MRIs and all the other things to tell her that. Nothing was about the meds I was on. I ask her why she was disrespecting me from the time I got there and treating me like carp and she said she wasn't, and I said yes you are. Anyways she look at my MRIs and left. She came back with staff member and told me she couldn't help me and she wasn't going to give me any meds. Its all about the money mostly because with the disorder I have in my spine and some other things going on it can only be treated with meds and there is no money in just writing scripts. Its just a unpleasant visit from the beginning. I feel sorry for the ones that work for her.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

The appointment would have been punctual....if I had not been asked to fill out a books worth of forms before seeing her. Any other Dr. I've ever been to (I was born with a neurological cancer that left me paraplegic since birth, so I've seen my fair share of Drs in my 40+ yrs of life) has sent me such forms well before my appt date so I can have them filled out ahead of time, eliminating the need for me to sit in the waiting room feeling rushed to fill so many pages out. Once you get in the room, all she wants to do is tell you how any Dr. you've been treated by for pain management in the past did everything wrong, including your PCP, and she does everything right. Both my husband and I saw her one time each. She was extremely rude, condescending, and disrespectful to both of us. She would ask a question, and after hearing the first 3-4 words, cuts you off saying something like "I don't have time for that". Most horrible experience I've ever had at an office visit.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

After suffering with pain in my lower back that kept worsening over time, I finally decided to see a pain doctor. I am so glad I went to see Dr Rao. She was kind, and compassionate when caring for me. I had 3 injections and with each injection my pain decreased. I wish I had sought treatment from Dr Rao sooner instead of suffering for so long. I would recommend her to anyone that is living in pain.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

This "doctor" not only falsified her report but is ignorant of pain causation and Rx dispensing practices. I am also suspect of her billing practices. This woman literally spent less than two minutes on the initial "exam". She never touched me though her report reflected that she had. In that two minutes she determined that the back specialist who had been doing RF procedures was wrong, and that her snake oil injections will fix everything. A change in PPO sent me to this woman rather than the back specialist who had been providing treatment. Pain Rx had been dispensed at a level requiring weaning to discontinue, but Rao reduced the RXs by 95% and prescribed a Rx incorrectly that the pharmacy refused to fill. She does her snake oil injections right there in that dirty exam room. This woman is rude, condescending, and totally uncaring. When asked to repeat her indecipherable, broken English, she gets more so. AVOID THIS OFFICE AT ALL COSTS!!!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

AVOID THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COST!SHE WAS RUDE FROM THE FIRST VISIT.SHE IS PATRONIZING AND CONSISTENTLY VERY COLD TOWARDS YOU. EXPRESSES NO GENUINE INTEREST. JUST WANTS TO DO INJECTIONS EVEN WITHOUT KNOWING WHAT IS REALLY WRONG. THINKS A NEEDLE WILL SOLVE ALL PROBLEMS AND SHE IS EVEN MORE PATRONIZING WHEN IT DOESN'T WORK.I RATED THE STAFF LOW ALSO BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY ACKNOWLEGDE THAT SHE IS RUDE AND COLD TO HER PATIENCES. WHEN I ASKED THE NURSES WHATS WRONG WITH THE DOCTOR, IS SHE HAVING A BAD DAY OR IS SHE ALWAYS LIKE THIS. ALL THEY SAID QUOTE "THEY STAY CLEAR OF HER AS MUCH AS THEY CAN".UNQUOTE WELL AS A PATIENT WE CAN'T STAY CLEAR OF HER. IT'S PRETTY ROTTON WHEN THE STAFF ACKKNOWLEGDES HOW SHE TREATS HER PATIENTS AND THEY CHOOSE TO DO NOITHING TO HELP!! AS A PATIENTS WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPECT COURTESTY AND RESPONSIVENESS NOT JUST FROM THE DOCTOR, BUT FROM EVERYONE IN THE OFFICE. DON'T GO TO THIS OFFICE . DO YOUR RESEARCH ON HER FRIST YOU'LL FIND OUT SHE REALLY HAS UNCARING ATTIUDE.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

why would a doctor ask you to complete 8 pages of forms on your medical history & areas of pain & then only spend 2 minutes looking at only the last page. Her staff lost my health records that were sent over - they are hyper about getting them before your appointment & confirm 3 times they have them with you on phone & then cant find at aptment. Their attitude was unprofessional. She did not listen to me & dismissed MRI test that showed the damage. No wonder the shot she gave me did not relieve any of my pain. Her english is VERY broken & she gets irritated when you ask her to repeat herself. She walks in & out of the room like a primadonna & gets nasty with you when her staff loses your paperwork. NOT a pleasant environment for sick people in pain. She will even give you the old line, this is the safest way, I would use it on my own children. what is she talking about? a child does not have this kind of pain.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2011

Does not speak English, doesn't take time to listen to you, over billed me & insurance carrier for procedures. Billed me for appointments never had. Staff is rude & unknowledgeable. Her education is outdated & clinic was dirty when compared to same services gotten elsewhere - went back to original doctor she was so bad. Beware - she does not warn you, just sticks you with the needle - said she thought injection was best & stuck me before I could even process what she was recommending. She rushes thru appointments.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010