Ratings for Dr. M Persaud

I have a rare condition and Dr Persaud diagnosed it. He sent my blood work to the states and is on top of cutting edge treatments and medications. When medications needed a tweak or I had questions - he phoned me rather than make me drive 1 1/2 hours to see him. I find him very funny. He has no patience for people who will not follow his suggestions to feel better. That isn't a negative - it's just him being confident with his treatment plans.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

My son absolutely loved him...as a teenager who is not a fan of drs it was nice to meet this Dr. He was great and had my son at ease and was extremely knowledgable and we loved his sense of humor..helped us understand what my son is going through with his allergies..we are not stressing out so much now :)

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

My son has a milk protein allergy which is common and over time, most youth outgrow it. Dr. Persaud confirmed this and said that further tests including the actual allergy test were not required. He was good with my son and really does know his stuff about allergies and sickness. The main issue I had was the unfriendly staff who were wearing headphones and didn't seem to want to be there or communicate with people coming in. As well, I was constantly interrupted when I was asking questions about my son's allergy as well as him potentially having asthma since my side of the family has it. Mid way through a question Dr Persaud got up and left the examination room. A four month wait is a long time for this. Any advice I have is to write down specific, succinct questions you want to have answered and then expect interruptions in asking them. I am thankful my son didn't have urgency in his medical needs because I am not sure how it would have went. With allergies and allergic reactions exploding in regularity, I am truly surprised that a search for allergy doctors shows so few results.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr. Persaud is rude and arrogant. After being urgently referred by my paediatrician and driving 2.5 hours to get to his office, he refused to test myself and my 8 month old daughter. Useless!

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Was cut off all the time giving answers. Nobody asked if I had seasons allergies to be tested for pollens, grasses etc No where in the form does it ask about seasonal allergies.. Only tested for dogs because I have a dog, no rugs and gas boiler floor heat so testing was minor. Didn't have any hives at time so no physical presence. What a waste of time. Doctor was not rude but was rushed.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Seen Dr Persaud and thought he was really helpful. Thought staff was professional and courteous. Dr. Persaud is a very kind and knowledable man. I would not hesitate to go to him again.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Not very helpful in terms of questions and has a serious attitude towards people. Tried to get an appointment but it took 4 months. My kids have allergies and I have tried everything to solve their allergy problems. Should retire.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Unhelpful and rude doctor. It took me six months to see him for allergy tests when my son developed hives, twice, after eating a certain food. He walked in the room, shook my hand and didn't tell me his name. He didn't let me finish filling out my son's form and began to literally, read me a sheet of paper about hives. Then he laughed when I said that he hasn't had a reaction since the DOCTOR referred us SIX months ago. He said he's not doing an allergy test and told me to "put my kids' jacket on outside because we're running out of room". Never seeing him again. Ever.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

Regular doctor, not too interested in patients. Unhelpful staff. Saw him previously for allergy tests. Took months to happen. Called today - they would not let our daughter see this doctor for a different allergy problem that just appeared, requiring that we go all the way through the family doctor again! It will take another several month of wait?! What a waste of time and lack of any concern.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

Dr. Persaud is wonderful. I think he is funny and intelligent. He always knows what he is talking about even if there isn't much more that we can do for my allergies he still makes me feel better just confirming my medications with him. I think people don't understand his jokes because he is pretty funny! I have been to many allergists and no one could figure out what I had until him.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017