Ratings for Dr. M Persaud

I think those who don't like him have come to see him to have their own dr google search verified and don't like it when he tells them they are wrong and what is really going on., esp when it involves dispelling the inaccurate beliefs many people hold to be the truth. If you are looking to have him verify your choice because you believe Jenny McCarthy is the greatest health practitioner then you will be disappointed. If you are looking for someone who knows what he's doing and really cared then you have the right guy.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Very helpful. Straight to the point. On time unlike other physicians. Long wait list to get in but so worth the wait. All around great experience.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

He was an extremely good doctor. When I was a baby a had a peanut allergy and no doctor knew what happened to me. As so as he saw me he knew exactly what the problem was and I was given the medication I needed. For crying out loud he said I had on of the worse cases of asthma he had ever seen and now a can barely tell I have asthma at all. I can do laps and not run out of breath so fast. He defiantly takes things at an different angle and this is something we need in this profession.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

Awesome doctor, straight forward and I appreciated that. This visit was helpful and he had a great sense of humour too.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

We had a great experience with the doctor and staff!

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I don't understand why so many people are rating him so poorly. He was great. I was referred by my ear nose throat doc. He started by asking me a series of question, 2 question he asked me a second time because my answer was not clear enough. I totally understand but he needs precise answers. He then tested me for allergens and told me what I was allergic to.. gave me info on how to avoid these things. He also gave me info on the best and cheapest allergy pills. Very nice man.. I think he is so busy all the time he doesn't have much time for people coming in there being hypochondriacs and not listening to his advise. Don't be turned off by previous comments

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr. Persaud was condescendingl. We were there to test a fruit allergy because of a past reaction, and he decided to lecture me because we all choose not to eat gluten and dairy in our home. He was judgmental and poorly informed on current research about these highly inflammatory foods, he had no interest in my observations of my child's reactions, only wanted to be right about his opinion and out-of-date training. He also forgot to test one of the main allergens we were there to test and we had to do it afterward.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

I had taken my daughter to see him for a milk allergy test and soy test. She had been on regular milk and was fine for awhile, then all of a sudden she became very ill. We noticed it was dairy and/gluten. He did the milk allergy test, it swelled and went red. However, because it didnt fill the entire circle he drew on her forearm that this is not an allergy. There was also no way she could be lactose because she was fine before. The only way she could be lactose is if it was secondary lactose intolerant. However, here we are months later and still battling, if she does come in contact with dairy, even lactose free she gets ill. Diarrhea, bloating, gas, cramps and as of recently coughing, and a severe rash. My daughter is just shy of two years old and we have been going on with this almost 6 months now.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

I took my daughter and son to see dr persaud when my daughter swelled up all over her body with huge splotches purple coloring after eating blueberries. My son had reacted to a yoghurt flavour we tried with huge blotches on his face. because the reactions where not noticeable on my daughter within 2 hours but lasted 2 days he said they were hives! HER WHOLE BODY SWELLED! he also used me as a control test for the scratches after i told him i have been taking antihistamine for over 2 weeks for my seasonal allergies! of course i wont react! He told me that my kids are not allergic to anything I should not be refusing them heathly food and that my daughter will not react again. this was after he had to be forced to do a food test on my son in the lobby and i practically yelled at him to find out what i should do if she does react again. (guess what she still swells up when eating purple fruitloops!) i should also mention we were not allowed to speak unless it was yes or no we changed rooms 3 times and were told to bring food for the test but it was not even used. one instance when i tried to show a picture of the reaction and elaborate on what the situation was he threatened to have us leave. You "Sir" should get out of allergies and focus on asthma as per all previous comments you seem to prefer that field anyway!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

He was great! He was very good with 6 year old, talked to her lots asking her about school and Santa, making her feel comfortable. After all the needle pokes She was sitting in my lap and i was talking to the doctor and before i knew anything was wrong he reached over and picked her up because he saw she was going to faint right away, And she did right after he laid her down on the bed. All is well but I'm so grateful for his quick reaction and attentiveness. He gave us lots of good info about managing symptoms of allergies and prevention.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014