Ratings for Dr. Trina Uwiera

Dr. Uwiera is very good with my 5 year old daughter, she is patient and takes time to ensure my daughter's questions about the surgery are answered. Her surgery day was so much less stressful since she knew what was going to happen.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

My daughter had a severe post-tonsillectomy bleed (surgery not initially performed by Dr. Uwiera) and I met Doctor Uwiera in a state of emergency. She was kind, confident, and answered all of our questions after taking our daughter back to the OR to stop the bleeding. It was ten o'clock at night on a Saturday, and we didn't feel the least bit rushed. She then popped back upstairs to check on our daughter and came the next morning to see how she was (Sunday). Even my daughter (who was near passing out due to blood loss) remembers how nice she was and wants to go back to see her! I am very thankful for the care Dr. Uwiera provided!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Dr. Uwiera seems to be a knowledgable and friendly doctor - when you get in to see her. I understand she is busy, but making parents with small children consistently wait in excess of 2 hours for a scheduled morning appointment is unacceptable (it could have been longer for all I know - I chose to leave without seeing the Dr.). When I told the reception staff I simply could not wait any longer and had to leave, no explanations were given or alternate appointments offered. I would have appreciated being told when I checked in that the Dr. was running late, then giving me the option to reschedule if I couldn't wait. No such service. I am fortunate to have a relatively healthy child. At least I think so - I didn't get into the doctor to find out otherwise!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

Dr. Uwiera is amazing. She was able to reassure my very nervous child regarding both CI operations. Her knowledge is extensive and she put things in such a way that a layman could understand. I would highly recommend her, she is amazing and has changed my daughters life forever.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

I am flabbergasted by the horrible reception and disorganization that goes on in this office. From failing to give us appropriate information to postphoning surgery twice, I cannot believe that Dr. Uwiera is still practicing. We have done the majority of legwork involved in setting up appointments, tracking forms and rescheduling specialist appointments. If we hadn't invested approx. 7 days of upaid lost work on our behalf we would have already looked into another doctor. cannot say for sure how nice she is or if she has good bedside manor as we have been sidetracked repeatedly with hours notice. Not impressed.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

VEry firendly, took the time to talk to us. My son loves visiting her office.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012

The best pediatric doctor I ever had! Knowledge, and friendlyness was outstanding

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

We came from another province just to see Dr. Unwired, we have a daughter with hearing problem, we were so impressed with Dr. Uwiera from the very beginning. She was punctual,helpful, very knowledgeable and did and outstanding job with our daughters surgery, she made everyone feel right at ease and we weren't nervous about the surgery at all. We have full confidence in Dr. Uwiera and will recommend her to everyone .

flag | Submitted April 14, 2012

i am just told that i was suppose to have the fasting instructions when i took my daughter for her exam, her surgery is tomorrow and i don't know more than that as i wait for a phone call back. no instructions were ever provided and i just wonder what is happening?

flag | Submitted April 12, 2012

Dr. Uwiera treated my twins and was an excellent caregiver. She made me, my husband and most important, my twins feel right at ease regarding their upcoming surgery. She answered our questions with ease and professionalism. Her bedside manner was also incredible. She was gentle and kind to my twins. As well, Dr. Uwiera's surgerical knowledge is extensive and of the highest standard. I would recommend Dr. Uwiera to all my friends and family. She is a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2007