Ratings for Dr. Keith Heller

Excellent Surgeon. He was recomended to me by several people when I was diagnosed with possible Thyroid cancer in 05. Since my surgery which turned out to be malignant he has handled all my treatment and follow up. I have total faith in him and would highly recomend him. I am currently healthy and can barely see the scar from the surgery. My only gripe is that the receptionist in his Great Neck office is devoid of any personality and does not represent him very well. His other office assistants who draw blood and help assist have always been polite and very professional and courteous.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Heller for 9 years and can not say enough good things about him. I have found him to be patient, thorough and most importantly to me kind. He is a skilled surgeon and I am fortunate to say that after a total thyroidectomy did not require ablation therapy or radiation. He NEVER rushes me out of the room and I always have several questions or concerns. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer while in my early thirties and he has overseen my care during 2 pregnancies and several changes in my life. He is outstanding and I wish more doctors could be like him. As for the previous comment about Social Security numbers being accessible, just about every doctor I have seen (and I have seen MANY because of my diagnosis)require a Social Security number. I have never felt that my security was jeopordized in any manner with Dr. Heller. I hold him in the highest esteem and recommend him to anyone in need of care or surgery.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2009

Dr. Heller is a surgeon who is not only willing to endanger his patients, but insists on it. Caring? Not in my opinion. When I arrived at his Long Island office, the receptionist insisted on an SS#. When I asked why she needed it, she said they use them as file numbers. I noticed a computer screen turned at an angle on which I could read names, addresses, dates of birth and SS#'s. I inquired about the security of the computer and what would be done to keep my info secret. She said there was no special procedure. I asked if I could give a generic 9 numbers that have never been used as an SS#, and she said she would ask the doctor. When she left, make a point, I copied from the computer enough info to make any ID thief happy. When she returned I gave her the paper, but she said that Heller would not treat me unless I gave an SS#. I decided that anyone who would endanger patients in any way was not a surgeon I wanted to make decisions in an operating room. I left. Beware!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2008

Can't say enough about Dr. Heller. Not only an excellent doctor, but a caring man as well.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2006

Dr. Keith Heller's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)