Ratings for Dr. Osterman Cotes

I am a patient as well as a nurse, and I have found Dr. Cotes, to be one of the best Gynecologists I have ever met. He is patient, kind, knowledgeable, and treats every patient as an individual. He listened to me when I told him there was something not right with my body, and ended up saving my life. He is without a doubt, a wonderful Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

After waiting more than two hours for an appointment, I gave up. Ridiculous!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

I will NOT recommend this doctor to ANYONE. Throughout my entire pregnancy I MET the man one time..plus waited 2+ hours to be seen by a PA..the PA's are wonderful but I expected to see the doctor more than once. The staff is very friendly,but wait times are WAY too long. Sitting 9 months pregnant for 1.5 to 2 hours to ridiculous and when you have a newborn baby for your checkup very inconvenient!!!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Staff was terrible great doc surrounded by terrible people

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

Dr cotes is a great doctor I had a very complicated pregnancy and I was very well taken care of. Only issue ive ever had was having to wait past my appointment times.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

He is very personable and intelligent and always has the patients best interest at heart!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Dr. Cotes is truly wonderful! He is caring and takes the time to answer any questions you may have. He has wonderful bedside manner and takes great care to make sure his patients are well taken care of. The wait times can be bad, but it is also worth it because you don't feel rushed through your appointment. He has delivered both of my boys now 10 and 7 and has done a procedure recently to help with my menst. cycles. He checked on me via phone while I was at home recovering and even gave me his cell phone number in case anything arose that I needed to get a hold of him for. Truly a great doctor!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Dr Cotes is a very caring doctor. He doesn't consider your socioeconomic or ethical background when treating you. He is just as polite to everyone. He always shakes both your and your spouse's hand when entering and leaving your room, accompanied by a smile. He is very gentle with exams, more so than women, which isn't normally the case. He has been my doctor for my last three pregnancies which have been higher risk and included many hospital stays. When I was in hospital, he would usually make rounds at least 3 times a day. He is very cautious with his both Mom and baby. This is what matters. Wait times can be long, but who wants a doctor that will only give you 2 minutes of fame?! he actually knows your name, your occupation, how many children you have, etc. without having to look at your chart. Dr Cotes is GENUINELY concerned. I have had experiences with other Ob's in Beckley area, and Dr Cotes far surpasses them! He is a great, knowledgeable, and competent doctor.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Best Doctor ever. barley scene Him but ever time i did he know me and family would ask how my sister kid were he delivered all 3 of her kids. he even help out my husband when he stayed with me at the hospital. I would recommend him to every one

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

Staff was great, waiting time sucked, only saw Dr. Cotes 3 or 4 times my whole pregnancy, the PA or nurse or whatever when I went to have my child complained because he wouldn't crown and she wanted to leave, had to have a c-section due to their stupidity (which was the first time I saw him for the whole delivery) and would not tell me why I could not have my child vaginal. I will NOT have him be my doctor for my second child.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

Dr. Osterman Cotes's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Santo Domingo (Uasd), Fac De Cien Med, Santo Domingo (Grad. 1969)

Top Hospitals in South Charleston, WV