Ratings for Dr. Yogesh Mittal

I had my knee scoped in 2014 with Dr. Mittal. I was administered cortizone shots from then until this year. He recommended I try stem because he had an 80% success rate. Well six months later and $8000 out of pocket my knees are still aching and he recommened knee replace. I told him I asked him if I could think about and he wont even schedule me for a follow up. Stay away!!!!

Submitted August 19, 2017

I had an emergency hip replacement in 2008 , dr mittal just happened to be the surgen on call , I wanted for a couple days In the hospital for a open O-R , when home the next day after surgery . Went back to work 6 weeks later . And didnt do a day of therapy , dr mittal you rock

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Don't know enough about this doctor since he didn't show up for a second appointment after I waited a long time for him. Ended up getting a knee surgery from another doctor who I think did a good job.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Not good at all, more concern on how many can be done in a day. More pain now than before knee replacement surgery

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr. Mittal ruined my life by using mismatched components when I was supposed to Havana "Stryker" hip replacement. When it dislocated the first time, he did not tell me the components could be incompatible, and put a larger ball in. It dislocated 5 more times , each time while sitting or laying perfectly still. The merest shift of my weight would dislocate it. His staff was rude. He refused to talk to me. The Doctor who fixed it had to rip out the off brand liner, along with bone, and replace it. I suffered muscle and nerve damage due to the multiple dislocations, and surgeries. I had to wear a full hip brace for over a year and was literally bedridden in order to prevent dislocations. Needless to say I could not shower, care for my house or husband. I had to use a "potty chair " because of the danger of walking. Again, it would dislocate without even moving. I was a hostage of fear for almost two years, and still will never be the same physically or emotionally. He is an evil greedy doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I've had a knee scope and a knee reconstruction by Dr. Mittal. I won't trust anyone other than Dr. Mittal with my knees. As recently as my last visit, Dr. Mittal was ranked #1 in the state and #2 in the nation, and for good reason. He quickly homes in on the issue, creates the best plan of action, and his surgical work is top notch. My first knee scope was from a surgeon in Branson, and it ended up infected and took a long time to heal. The second scope I had done was performed by Dr. MIttal. No infection, no need for painkillers, and it healed within 2 weeks. My reconstruction had healed enough for me to resume normal activities in 2 weeks. You won't see him immediately after the surgery, as his schedule is usually full on surgery day; however, you do receive post-op care and follow-up appointments. I highly recommend Dr. Mittal.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

The 2 stars for Staff are for the helpful nurses at Hillcrest who directed me to the ice machine. Horrible hospital experience for my mom and even worse aftercare. I wish I could have given Dr. Mittal a negative rating. Everything about this experience for my mom has been horrible.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

i would never recommend Dr Mittal. my mother had a hip replacement and continued to have terrible pain, a year later he tells her her pelvis is fractured and the acetabulum ( cup portion in the pelvis ) has shifted and needs more surgery. yes a year later, why wasn't this detected in x-rays along the way?? so he does a total hip revision and fixates the pelvic fractures with screws.. we think she's good to go yet she continued to have terrible pain ( keep in mind she has excellent bone density and is a very active, high functioning person ) . after many follow ups and Horrible communication with his staff 6 months go by after revision and now she has major pelvic fractures and requires a 3rd surgery, THA revision with plates, bone grafting, plates. she followed up with him several times in the last 3 months keep in mind... why were fractures ignored! Total Neglect! he even told her the acetabulum and screws had shifted some a month ago but he " would monitor it and her pain". monitor a fracture and continue weight bearing? i'm sorry but this has been the worst care and clinical decision making i've ever seen and i work in orthopedics! if he would have referred her on to a specialist or done something about this months ago we wouldn't be where we are . she's suffered so much mentally and physically from the pain in the last 1.5 years since this started it breaks my heart. i hope he realizes this . we are now with new surgeons who are in shock by all this..

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I had a full knee replacement at the age of 48, that was a year ago & I have permanent nerve damage now. He has the worse post op care I have ever experienced!! He just wants the insurance $ from your surgery then afterwards does not want to deal with what went wrong from the surgery!!

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

My knee replacements by Dr.Mittal changed my quality of life immensely. The care after and my recovery time was phenomenal. A nurse came to my address every day to check for infection, change bandages, massage the incision to prevent scar buildup. I highly recommend Dr. Mittal.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr. Yogesh Mittal's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Mittal is board certified and fellowship trained in hip & knee joint replacement surgery. He was an early adopter of computer assisted navigation as well as robotics in partial knee and total hip replacement. He travels around the world teaching his surgical techniques.

• English

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1998)
  • University of North Carolina Charlotte (Grad. 2004)

• Knee replacement