Ratings for Dr. Heshy Sturm

I am 23 years old now and will never forget my visits as a kid to Dr. Sturm. Absolutely traumatizing! I have always been a little bit on the heavy side, but he always made me feel so awful for it. One year I went in for a checkup and gained 10 pounds in the year. He said it was impressive how fat I was getting. I think it is important to be straightforward with patients, but there is no reason to be cruel. I beg any parent if you have a heavier child, please don't send them there. He is a fantastic doctor and very knowledgeable in my opinion, but he is extremely rude. Speaking the way he did has made me so self-conscious. Even the smell of his office makes me sick. Hopefully, this review will help someone out....

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

You probably may have read reviews that he is curt/rude and others saying he is straightforward. It all depends on the person and their sensitivity levels. With my 16 year experience with him, I find that he is "old school" from appointments to checkup/appointment procedures and very intelligent. He has a sixth sense to know if some condition/symptom is serious. If he notices anything during a regular checkup he will refer you for tests. He is straightforward and blunt. Even on his busiest days when his office is packed, I promise you,the wait time is so short. I never waited long at his office. He always asks questions to both the child and the mother. He doesn't joke around, he's got a lot to do. However the way he treats his staff/receptionist is so rude and condescending. There have been moments where he's talked to her in a harsh which can be very uncomfortable to view. However, he loves children, he's super experienced and knowledgable, and he's passionate about his job and that's what keeps people coming back.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

Apsolutely superb , it is not easy to find such devoted and knowladgeible medical doctor as Dr Sturm!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

He is a horrible doctor. He yells at his patients and at his staff. He is arrogant and off-putting.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

I witnesses bullying in the workplace by Dr sturm to his kind and lovely nurse for something so small. She apologized for throwing out notes and he embarrassed her by shouting at her in front of an office of people . - I walked away choked up. Cmon Doc just because you have MD by your name gives u no reason to treat anyone this way . You are a bully with no conscience . This behaviour is NOT TOLERATED in the major corporations , u would get fired!!!!! I wish I could have hugged her and told her I appreciate her warmth , professionalism and friendliness . Learn how to use your heart man.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

He is quick and to the pint which I like however he didn't want to send my son for a repeat testing even after the test showed abnormalities he just brushed it off. He also has a way of making you feel like an idiot for asking questions or concerns. Overall an ok doctor but it really depends on his mood that day. He treats his office staff like garbage and she is a really nice lady!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

He's thorough, knowledgeable and incredibly friendly. Excellent staff.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

He's the best. He has been extremely helpful regarding my sons and I couldn't be more grateful. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

After struggling to get an appointment for our child, he raised his voice and screamed in front of our child that he would not take care of him. He's disgusting. Thinks he's god. Diagnosis was also way off. Rude pig

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Strum is always patient with my oldest (who hates going to the dr) he's very calm and soothing, and always very thorough in answering my questions. If u get an early appointment u are in and out but I find later in the he tends to run behind... Probably cause of all the time it takes answering parents questions!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016